Air filter setup?

papasmurf

Hey guys, currently I'm running a K&N air filter in the stock airbox. I took out the air filter yesterday and I saw that the foam piece that is meant to seal the filter to the airbox is ripped and definetly isn't going to seal properly. Aside from that the damn thing doesn't seem even seem remotely tight.

What do you guys recommend to replace that or what air filter setup do you guys prefer. I found this adapter and I'm guessing it will replace the crappy seal and work a lot better, anyone use this?

http://www.bansheedepot.com/proddetail.asp?prod=22-5712

Edited by papasmurf

since your aleardy doing a new air intake setup, i like the 2:1 toomey setup, you will have to get rid of the air box so that will be more air flow. plus foam is more reliable than a paper filter. and the 2:1 is some what unique and different

yea the only thing about that is I'm concerned about removing the stock air box completely. The reason is I ride mostly in sand and it would seem that without the air box a ton of sand would clog the filter.

thats why you need to use a foam filter in the first place. besides, the airbox still lets sand through. the only real reason you would wand to keep the airbox would be to keep water out. like if your crossing rivers often. and a pre filter will also help keep shit out and acts as a second filter

yea the only thing about that is I'm concerned about removing the stock air box completely. The reason is I ride mostly in sand and it would seem that without the air box a ton of sand would clog the filter.

Get some pod filters that mount directly on your carbs. I ride 100% sand dunes and have never had an issue. Every bike I've ever owned has never ran an air box.

Just make sure you keep your filters cleaned and properly oiled.

Get some pod filters that mount directly on your carbs. I ride 100% sand dunes and have never had an issue. Every bike I've ever owned has never ran an air box.

Just make sure you keep your filters cleaned and properly oiled.

Alright I'll look in to the pod filters, as far as air flow whats the best setup?