ANYONE PUT SKIS ON THERE QUADS ?

HAY GUYS SNOW WILL BE COMING AGAIN SOON AND I WAS MAYBE THINKING OF MOUNTING SKIS ON THE FRONT HUBS OF MY BANSHEE OR LT500R. I HAVE STUDS IN A SPARE SET OF RIMS AND TRIES FOR MY LT500R . AND I WAS MAYBE SEEING IF SKIS WOULD BE BETTER ? I DONT RIDE THE ICE MUCH JUST AROUND ROADS AND FEILDS AND TRAILS.... AND WHEN I PULL THE FRONT END UP I DONT WANT THE SKIS TO TURN THE WORNG WAY SO IM NOT FOR SURE HOW TO STOP THEM BUT I HAVE ONE IDEA... SO I WANTED TO SEE IF I SHOULD STAY WITH THE STUDS OR GO WITH THE SKIS AND IF U HAVE DONE THIS CAN U PUT UP SOME PICS ....... SO I CAN GET SOME IDEAS .. THANKS

Edited by dirtbike drew

their is a guy on ebay that sells a kit for a banshee . didn't cost much i was going to try them this yr.and this is what you get , he only sell you a plate that mounts up like a front tire and has a platform at the bottom to attach ski-doo skis, as far as the rot. prob. he said some people hold the brakes when jumping, some put a bolt in the rotator, some bunge the top of the ski top the front bumber,i think i'm going to weld a stopper on his brackets to make somthing that will horse-shoe around the outer tie rod arm not the joint but where the joint bolts to . if you go on ebay he has pics in his sale.

their is a guy on ebay that sells a kit for a banshee . didn't cost much i was going to try them this yr.and this is what you get , he only sell you a plate that mounts up like a front tire and has a platform at the bottom to attach ski-doo skis, as far as the rot. prob. he said some people hold the brakes when jumping, some put a bolt in the rotator, some bunge the top of the ski top the front bumber,i think i'm going to weld a stopper on his brackets to make somthing that will horse-shoe around the outer tie rod arm not the joint but where the joint bolts to . if you go on ebay he has pics in his sale.

[/quote

Do you know what the kit was called I did a search like yamaha banshee skis mounts and stuff like that and did not see any items found. Do u know what the title was ? Thanks.

just search banshee ski kit and its the only thing that will come up.

He makes the brackets and they are adjustable so that it will fit different bikes. they bolt directly to ski doo brand skis. good idea. I was thinking about making up a set for my bike but these are cheap enough that ill probably just end up buying them.

Ok thanks I did find them on ebay $90 shipped. I still might and see about making some. Just bending a little on a press and drilling a few holes. Has anyone bought these off ebay ? Do they work good and do u like the set up ? And did u make them so they didn't fully turn around ? And how ? Have any pics . Thanks.