What size and how many paddles for these mods?

Killswitch69

Looking at buying Skat-trak Haulers. What would be the right size tire and how many paddles for these mods? Also would the extreme be better? This is my first quad for riding Glamis. I have been running a Honda CR500 and want to try a quad.

Vito's 66mm 10 port jugs, Wiseco 513 plugs, Coolhead with machined SB 21cc domes (180 psi compression), Stock carbs jetted 340 mains, 35 pilots, Vito's needle on 4th, Pro-design airbox mod with foam main and K&N power lid, Toomey T5, +4 timing, 2+ swingarm, VP110 @ 40:1, 13/41 gearing.

Looking at buying Skat-trak Haulers. What would be the right size tire and how many paddles for these mods? Also would the extreme be better? This is my first quad for riding Glamis. I have been running a Honda CR500 and want to try a quad.

Vito's 66mm 10 port jugs, Wiseco 513 plugs, Coolhead with machined SB 21cc domes (180 psi compression), Stock carbs jetted 340 mains, 35 pilots, Vito's needle on 4th, Pro-design airbox mod with foam main and K&N power lid, Toomey T5, +4 timing, 2+ swingarm, VP110 @ 40:1, 13/41 gearing.

7 or 8 paddle haulers should be fine. I wouldnt buy extremes if you wanna go duning because the sidewall on em is really thin. Extremes are meant more for drag racing. If you go bigger than an 8 paddle that motor is gonna grunt trying to turn em. I run an 11 paddle triple buff on my 4mill cub.

7 or 8 paddle haulers should be fine. I wouldnt buy extremes if you wanna go duning because the sidewall on em is really thin. Extremes are meant more for drag racing. If you go bigger than an 8 paddle that motor is gonna grunt trying to turn em. I run an 11 paddle triple buff on my 4mill cub.

Thanks Kickstart, What would be the correct size? 20x10x9? What is your take on running knobbies up front vs some kind of front sand tire (Mohawk, razer, or whatever)?

Thanks Kickstart, What would be the correct size? 20x10x9? What is your take on running knobbies up front vs some kind of front sand tire (Mohawk, razer, or whatever)?

I think some 20x10x8 8 paddle haulers would run awesome for you. I personally only run front sand tires...never really messed around running knobbies in the sand on fronts

I think some 20x10x8 8 paddle haulers would run awesome for you. I personally only run front sand tires...never really messed around running knobbies in the sand on fronts

If you are going to be using this mostly as a duner vs a more race application I would opt with a 20x10x10 7 paddle extreme or a 8 paddle hauler. If you like to slide it around and hit the bowls go with the 10" setup if you are more into hillshooting and the flats then the 8" would be the way to go. The difference between the standard hauler and the extreme hauler is that the extreme has thicker blades which are less prone to flexing and wear. Sidewalls on the tires will be the same unless you go to a bead to bead buff or a ultralight. Just my .02. I personally run a 22x11x8 9 paddle extreme bead to bead buff on my 4mil supercub and I am a big guy.

A friend has a set of Sand Shark 20x10x9 8paddle that he is willing to give me. Is this a good all around play tire or is it designed for more hill climbing and drag racing? That would free up a few bucks to get some front sand tires. Or should I just get haulers?

Thanks for all your input guys!

Im gonna get drilled for saying this, but sand sharks are "ok" tires. They are cheap and have their purpose if you're on a budget. I run em on my 450 and they do fine, but that is strictly a trail bike. If they are FREE, then hell, use em! Whats the worse that could happen, you put em on, dont like em and buy a used set of haulers from some dude in the campground? As for front sand tires, I own a set on my drag bike. As for the 450 (trail bike) I do not own front sand tires. I know several guys and ride with guys who do not have front sand tires and they get around just fine. They let a lil bit of air outta the fronts and run em. Everyone talks up the ITP sand stars and skat trak mowhawk fronts. Ive had em both and they were ok, but my all time favorites are a cheap front sand tire called "sand snakes". They are like $30/tire and they work awesome! THey are smooth with little ridges in em. They float super nice and they also turn as well because of the little ridges.

if the sand sharks are free i say use them. they arent a great tire but you cant beat free......as long as they arent the sand gecko. if you dont plan on goin to the dunes very often then a free set of sand sharks will do just fine. if you plan on making multiple trips to the dunes they you will be happier buying a set of haulers. 20x10x10 8 or 9 paddle haulers are a good all-around tire. if you are more into treeshots or drag racing you will want a set of tires with an 8 inch rim. somethin like a 21x12x8 8 paddle. but like kickstart and myself said, for free the sand sharks will work fine.

if the sand sharks are free i say use them. they arent a great tire but you cant beat free......as long as they arent the sand gecko. if you dont plan on goin to the dunes very often then a free set of sand sharks will do just fine. if you plan on making multiple trips to the dunes they you will be happier buying a set of haulers. 20x10x10 8 or 9 paddle haulers are a good all-around tire. if you are more into treeshots or drag racing you will want a set of tires with an 8 inch rim. somethin like a 21x12x8 8 paddle. but like kickstart and myself said, for free the sand sharks will work fine.

I agree with everything u said except the "9 paddle" part. 9's in my opinion would be a lot of paddle for your mods. stick with a 7 or 8 paddle and u'll be good to go. FREE is the best price!

I agree with everything u said except the "9 paddle" part. 9's in my opinion would be a lot of paddle for your mods. stick with a 7 or 8 paddle and u'll be good to go. FREE is the best price!

9 paddle normal haulers on a 10" rim isn't a whole lot. i've run 20x10x10 10 paddle haulers since all i had was pipes and never had a problem cuttin the rear end loose. plus he has a little longer swing arm so there should be a little less weight on the tires (less traction). not to mention if or when he ends up porting his cylinders and or stroking his bike he'll wish he had a little more tire/paddle. if he bought an extreme i would lean to maybe an 8 paddle but a he should be fine with a 9 paddle normal hauler.

9 paddle normal haulers on a 10" rim isn't a whole lot. i've run 20x10x10 10 paddle haulers since all i had was pipes and never had a problem cuttin the rear end loose. plus he has a little longer swing arm so there should be a little less weight on the tires (less traction). not to mention if or when he ends up porting his cylinders and or stroking his bike he'll wish he had a little more tire/paddle. if he bought an extreme i would lean to maybe an 8 paddle but a he should be fine with a 9 paddle normal hauler.

The cylinders do have a dune port from Vito's on the 10 port cylinders. This thing puts out out quite a bit of power. Stroking will come next year. This bike will be shipped to Cali for riding the dunes and I have another here in PA that I plan to build a much bigger motor, tune, setup and swap motors between the two.