Air box

My brother in law just bought a banshee. It has t-6's and the pro flow billet air filter adapter with a foam filter and foam protector. My question is can I run the filter without the air box. On my banshee I cut the aire box off except for the front adapter piece. I had a k&n with outerwear. I'm not sure if you can do this with a foam filter. If I did this, would I have to rejet?

K&N for the win. i dont trust foam filters to clamp on like a rubber seal would. although if it were airtight im sure you could do the same with your brother in laws bike that you did to yours, and i woulda slight change might need ot be made in jetting

Ya not a fan of foam ether. I had one on my raptor before I did some motor mods. Well all I can say is that sand was in the intake side down to the valves. I will only run a K and N. If ur going to make any changes as in opening up, removing the lid or just adding pods. Make sure u rejet.

Ya not a fan of foam ether. I had one on my raptor before I did some motor mods. Well all I can say is that sand was in the intake side down to the valves. I will only run a K and N. If ur going to make any changes as in opening up, removing the lid or just adding pods. Make sure u rejet.

Okay thanks for the advice! We are just going to leave it for now until he gets pods. That way we eliminate the whole air box in general. Thanks again.