Oregon Dune Riders

SandmanPNW

Pick the spot! and date  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to point out that they require an Oregon state atv license for EVERYONE under 40 years old as of January 1st 2011. It is for anyone who rides an atv at the Oregon Dunes now. You can take the test online and have the card mailed to you. There are also sound decibal restrictions at the dunes. I have not been sound tested since about 1994, so if you dont draw attention to yourself, you should be fine. There is no alcohol on the sand, on pavement your good to go. You have to have a license tag on your quad to ride, oregon atv permits are about $11 and are active for 2 years. You cant drive your truck or quad on the sand without a license tag and flag. So you have to have an Oregon ATV education License, and have an oregon atv permit license on your quad and/or truck.

Get your license here*

Oregon pipe sound db tests

Oregon Dunes general rules

I am down just let me know when does not matter to me. I will bring my toy hauler. Coos Bay gets my vote for sure. Like snoop said make sure you get your atv card. I have never been checked and usually make at least 30 trips a year to the Oregon dunes and usually have my kids but better to be safe. It would be awesome to have a BHQ ride in Oregon. If there is any help needed in making plans or reservations or anything like that let me know I am down for any help needed I am there all the damn time anyhow.

Gunna follow this thread. Been wanting to go to Oregon <_<

Hey Boise Banshee. I have a good buddy that lives in Nampa that will roll with us if we go and just ride one of my bikes. Keep in touch if you want to come and I could hook you guys up so you could make the trip together and save some bucks on fuel. He is a good guy. He is a fire fighter in Nampa. You guys could possibly hook up with the Utah guys also.

ok lets get this date nailed down, looks like April has the most votes. Is everyone ok with April 18-24? and Horsefalls Campground? I am also planning another dune trip for July 11-17. Riley Ranch is a new campground that looks pretty nice, they will not have dune access until May 1st at the earliest. Just trying to get the date and location nailed down so we can all make reservations. If anyone has any questions about the location or area please feel free to give me a call 360 632 8150, Snop is another person to contact that has been there several times. There are a few bike shops that arent too far away and a few locations to buy race fuel that arent overly priced.

Keep in mind that Raptor Rally (winchester) is Mid-May and Memorial drag racing (Coos bay) is the end of May.

I know this is a topic on duning, I just figured I'd mention these events as they've gotten pretty big. I attend both of them, I'd like to go on a "bhq" ride/event but May is pretty much packed with these two events.

April is iffy on rain, I'd say your best bet is to add a bhq event to Memorial weekend. Lots of banshees there already, and bhq could get some good publicity if you wanted to, maybe be a sponsor of the drags at boxcar?

Just some ideas....

Been a while since I been here and on the shee. I'm still on a Yamaha.....just the "R". Anyhow, I'm down. In my few experiences for Oregon dunes in April and May you run a higher risk of rain. June and July are prime, but I can't make it due to me being deployed right now......On a side note, there is a group of about 15 localish guys that have a trip planned for 13-20 Aug 2011 camping at the KOA. Most of the guys are banshee guys. The person that got it together and will be there also is Chad, screen name sandman.

I cant really make any weekend in May except Memorial weekend (which I have reservations for at Horsefall). If Everyone else decides to do it on Memorial Day weekend, there is a strong possibility that not everyone that wants to go will get campsites. All the campgrounds are pretty much sold out for holiday weekends 6 months in advance for state or national ran sites, and over a year out for private ran sites. I vote for April 28th-May 1st and stay at Horsefall in Coos Bay. We make the trip there every year at that time and about 2/3 of them have been rain free. Best part about that range is there are usually not too many people there and sites are easy to get. I just have too much going on at work to make it in may or early june-mid june.

The date that Snop just posted would work good. Maybe you should change the poll Snop and see how many can make that date?

The date that Snop just posted would work good. Maybe you should change the poll Snop and see how many can make that date?

You guys have to just delete your vote and then re-vote for the options you want on the poll since I added a poll question.

You guys have to just delete your vote and then re-vote for the options you want on the poll since I added a poll question.

Ok went and did that. If anyone needs to know how to make reservations for Coos Bay this is where you do it at.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/

Now it looks like my cousin has the weekend of the 16th off. So does that work for anyone? Remember you can delete your vote and re-vote. Does anyone want to do it from friday or Saturday through monday? It is sometimes nice being there at the beginning of the week, then no one at all will even be there.