carb tuning help

Kev55

I'm rebuilding the carbs on my bike and need help tuning . Im assuming its just the air/flew screw but not sure where to start at.

I have the Clymer manual but i could only find information about the rebuild and not tuning.

i have a .75 over bore w/ boost bottle & carbon fiber reeds w/ fmf pipes if any of that information is helpful in the tuning process.

I'm rebuilding the carbs on my bike and need help tuning . Im assuming its just the air/flew screw but not sure where to start at.

I have the Clymer manual but i could only find information about the rebuild and not tuning.

i have a .75 over bore w/ boost bottle & carbon fiber reeds w/ fmf pipes if any of that information is helpful in the tuning process.

start at 1-1/2 turns out from fully seated.

not sure proabably not, When I take it apart this week I'll check. I bought the bike with the pipes already so the previous owner woulda had to have doe it.

yes both carbs identical or it wil run like crap...do you have your carbs properly jetted for your pipes ???

ok got my kits today and opened up the carbs

the main jet is 390 and the new one is 200

the pilot jet is 30 and the new one is 25

the pilot air jets are the same 16

Im guessing this is the set up for my pipes, so would i be better off just keeping the old main and pilot jets in and replacing the rest of the hardware that i have in the kit?

also i dont think it specified in my book which notch i should put the clip on for the throttle needle. the stock one has only one notch i think and my new ones have 5?

0-150ft

85 degrees

stock intake

.75 over

gold series FMF

also checked again and the main jet in there now is 330 not 390 its really hard to read. I also have the needle set to 3rd from the bottom, out of 6.

I ended up just using the old main and pilot jet because its better than using these stock sizes and putting the carbs back in today. But, I would still like to try and figure out what would be best for when i have some money/time to get the proper jets.

When you say the stock intake. Are you running the lid? If so is the lid modded in anyway? Are you running the snorkel?

If you are running the lid then the pilots can be 25 or 27.5 depending on where the air screw is at. The needle I always left in the middle. And for the mains. With the lid around 260ish and with out the lid you should be around 300. Those should put u on the rich side of things.

If you are wanting to get a box of jetting started. I would start with 240-340 for mains jets. That will cover about everything. You can get the jets from a sponsor on this site.

When you say the stock intake. Are you running the lid? If so is the lid modded in anyway? Are you running the snorkel?

If you are running the lid then the pilots can be 25 or 27.5 depending on where the air screw is at. The needle I always left in the middle. And for the mains. With the lid around 260ish and with out the lid you should be around 300. Those should put u on the rich side of things.

If you are wanting to get a box of jetting started. I would start with 240-340 for mains jets. That will cover about everything. You can get the jets from a sponsor on this site.