What is a good brand crank

hay guys ... frist off i tryed a search on this but i didnt find much ... so im asking what is the better crank to buy wiseco ? hot rod ? or ? .. i know a lot may say oem but im not to pay $800 for a crank i seen the wiseco and hot rods new go for around $300-350 new im not looking to pay much more then that but if u know where i can get them cheaper that would be helpful.. so im looking for some info on whats a good one for the banshee ??? i have bought 2 wiseco cranks for a 01kx250 and 02kx100 and woked out good as long as i had them .. and what size stroker crank can i go before i have to trench my cases out ?? and if i go with a stroker crank do i need to do port work to my cylinders??? . i hope you guys can help me with all my questions .. thanks :headbang::cheers:

TSS, Twister, Hot rods and Vitos.

Can go 7mil and not trench, at 10mil you trench.

Port it for sure, no point in cheaping out!

Ok thanks but can u guys give me the good of the cranks and the bad. And if I put a +7mm stroke in I don't have to trench the cases. Unilt I go to a +10mm. Someone else said I have to trench when I go to a 7mm stroke and up. But I'm looking maybe going with a +4 or +5 or a +7 stroke but if I do any of these do I HAVE to get my cylinders ported ? If I do I may just go with a stock stroke so I'm just looking to see what needs to be done but I need a good NAME BRAND CRANK. That have the best main bearings. But I'm not spending over $500 on a crank because I just had this project running good and my rod broke and tore up my right cylinder and piston. That was all brand new. But the crank. (stock). So I need a new right cylinder and piston .020 over to match the new left I have but I may have to buy a set of use cylinders. I hope with good pistons std bore. To .020. And a good crank so I'm going to have some cash in it that's y I want to stay under $500 on a good crank. Please let me know more about the good name cranks. Thanks all.

Ok thanks but can u guys give me the good of the cranks and the bad. And if I put a +7mm stroke in I don't have to trench the cases. Unilt I go to a +10mm. Someone else said I have to trench when I go to a 7mm stroke and up. But I'm looking maybe going with a +4 or +5 or a +7 stroke but if I do any of these do I HAVE to get my cylinders ported ? If I do I may just go with a stock stroke so I'm just looking to see what needs to be done but I need a good NAME BRAND CRANK. That have the best main bearings. But I'm not spending over $500 on a crank because I just had this project running good and my rod broke and tore up my right cylinder and piston. That was all brand new. But the crank. (stock). So I need a new right cylinder and piston .020 over to match the new left I have but I may have to buy a set of use cylinders. I hope with good pistons std bore. To .020. And a good crank so I'm going to have some cash in it that's y I want to stay under $500 on a good crank. Please let me know more about the good name cranks. Thanks all.

Some cases will run a 5 mil stroker without trenching, and some will not. Luck of the draw on that one. All 4 mil strokers that I have ever done were without trenching......... If you do a 7 you will for sure have to trench..........................Hope this helps out.................. The info in posts above is incorrect for sure............

Shit, Rog your right.

Don't know what i was thinking about saying the 7 mill will fit without trenching. :bolt:

Where do ya live?? i have a used Hot Rods. Cheap :) Nothing wrong with it. I just went stroker. Vito's also makes a excellent Crank.

I'm in Rochester mi 48306. I'm not sure if I want to go used or not but maybe if the price is right if not its almost worth paying a little more for a new one. So it will also get the new bearings since the inter bearings can't be replaced. But how much and how many hours. I'll try to pm u if u don't see this reply. But what about wiseco ? Any good ? And will other brand rods fit on other brand cranks or do u have to use that brand of the crank. Thanks.

If you're doing a 4mil or smaller and have the choice of Wiseco, Vito's or Hotrods....Hotrods would be my first choice. TDR offers a pretty decent forged crank for your 7-10mil applications, if you're looking at billet I prefer Crankworks over Twister personally.

-Brandon

I'm in Rochester mi 48306. I'm not sure if I want to go used or not but maybe if the price is right if not its almost worth paying a little more for a new one. So it will also get the new bearings since the inter bearings can't be replaced. But how much and how many hours. I'll try to pm u if u don't see this reply. But what about wiseco ? Any good ? And will other brand rods fit on other brand cranks or do u have to use that brand of the crank. Thanks.

Well forget the Used crank . Canada shipping is insaine when it comes to crossing the boarder. Im sure wiesco is decent. Depends how much power your putting to it..

Ok thanks I'm thinking if I do a stroker the biggest I'll go for now is 4mm. I was just looking at vitos. Stock and 4mm. If I was to do 4mm do I have to do get the ports done. Or I see they have a bottom spacer for the base. Can I go that way . I'm looking for it to be reliable for up in the trail. I'm still not satisfied on what's a better crank out of vitos , hot rods , wiseco. I'm looking to get one soon when I figger this out. Thanks.