Lavasoft ad aware? Antivirus

RadarRacing

OK

Myself and a few people i know recently got their banking and debit cards hijacked so i'm trying to upgrade all my computer security stuff. I had a bunch of donations to arab and muslim groups and college ticket purchases made from my debit card for oregon state games and stuff ordered from Ca.

I dont think they got my debit card number from my computer but you never know??

I have kasperski antivirus and firewall on the new computer now and just bought the newest version of Mccafee for my old computer.

Now my question.

I just recently got a new laptop and I've always added lavasoft's ad aware se to my computers but now it appears you dont download it off lavasoft's website.

It seems as tho you have to download it from downlolad.com, cnet or some other host/download site.

I wanted to know if those were ok, as i dont wanna ad some new junk or spyware to my computer. Their user agreements appear to be adding a trial of some kind for lavasofts upgrade but then i dont wanna have popups after a year like norton or mccaffee does. I hate those. It seems like Norton and all the antivirus cos are very good about putting what i'd call a virus on your computer that give you a popup for their ads and renewals forever.

Any tips as to what the best options are to protect my computer? I plan on adding Spybot SD also. That and Adaware always cleaned alot of stuff off.

OK

Myself and a few people i know recently got their banking and debit cards hijacked so i'm trying to upgrade all my computer security stuff. I had a bunch of donations to arab and muslim groups and college ticket purchases made from my debit card for oregon state games and stuff ordered from Ca.

I dont think they got my debit card number from my computer but you never know??

I have kasperski antivirus and firewall on the new computer now and just bought the newest version of Mccafee for my old computer.

Now my question.

I just recently got a new laptop and I've always added lavasoft's ad aware se to my computers but now it appears you dont download it off lavasoft's website.

It seems as tho you have to download it from downlolad.com, cnet or some other host/download site.

I wanted to know if those were ok, as i dont wanna ad some new junk or spyware to my computer. Their user agreements appear to be adding a trial of some kind for lavasofts upgrade but then i dont wanna have popups after a year like norton or mccaffee does. I hate those. It seems like Norton and all the antivirus cos are very good about putting what i'd call a virus on your computer that give you a popup for their ads and renewals forever.

Any tips as to what the best options are to protect my computer? I plan on adding Spybot SD also. That and Adaware always cleaned alot of stuff off.

i recomend getting NOD32 smart security 4 its the best imo

X's 2 on the Eset NOD 32. McAfee is a resource hog, just like Norton, and both of them are POS. Cnet, and download.com are safe to download from. Instead of using your debit card to purchase online, why don't you just go buy a prepaid debit, to use online? $25, $50, or $100 bucks at a time, and once they are gone, chuck 'em in the trash and go get a new one. No more worries about some thief stealing your bank account info, and money.