12 Year old Thinks he is Going to win!

robert77

They didn't groom the track one time.

There were three bikes in the modified class (mine, joe2002 and tundish)

We were the show....

I walked off about 200 feet and about 100 or so of shut down.

If you were in the left lane...you had to turn slightly to the right or you would clip a fence.

The track was hard as a rock in the shutdown...and at the start once the ruts developed.

We told them they need to shorten it up to have a reasonably safe shut down.

The traffic light start was kinda hokey, but that was ok...no biggie for a state fair.

I wouldn't waste my time going there again.

Entry was 25, they doubled our entry as winner and the three of us agreed to split it no matter who won.

Don't get me wrong, racing is fun no matter what, but I wouldn't' go back there if the track stays the same or similar.

It was a dirt strip with cones...that's it.

Ok i talked to fred from us 27 today and he said the sand is going in tomorrow and it will be mixed with clay about 4 inches thick... also they are tring for 300' .. he said mark herick and dan hall are helping him with the track so its in good hands... he also said if there is a good turn out with the full blown drag bikes he will put the money into the track to make it a full 300' sand drag with tree and timers for next year and will allow us to use the track for testing purposes during the week and will hold races once a month..so lets give this guy a chance cause we are running out of tracks here in michigan...

:cheers:

Hey Guys, Fred Grove from US 27 Motorsports Heres the deal, I do not have pictures as of yet. We are building this as a SAND DRAG track Just for ATV's and Side X sides. Were bringing in between 400 to 500 yards of sand and mixing with Clay tomorrow or Friday weather depending. My Best friend is Mark Herek which some of you might know. He has been @ this sand drag stuff for along time and him and I are putting this together. I'm no Pro @ this Sand stuff but am confident that it will be fine for a 1st run @ it. We will make adjustment as Necessary as we go down the road to make this a KICK ASS track to have some fun @. This Can turn into a good thing but we need Support and PATIENCE. I have raced for 20 plus years myself and understand alot from the racers view. These Races are designed to be a day of fun for right now. We are doing PINKS ARM DROP style race HEADS UP. I will let you make some pratice laps before the race and will Let you guys do some Grudge Racing after the Event if its not to late> I want you to have fun. I ALSO need you To Remember that we are Ruinning Mud Drags, Mud Bog and a Obstacle course in one day also. We had 800 plus people @ the Event we Had in June and the People and 99% of the racers had a great time they said. We are not perfect but will work hard as we go to make adjustments. If things go Right we will consider doing some SAND ONLY races next summer with some Pay back Money. We have 1000ft total length and will probally run around 250ft but were gonna have to see how the shut down works and see who shows up to race. There will be Food concessions, DJ, Some Demo rides, Factory reps and so on Matt from Speed Punk Images will be there Taking Photos that you can buy from him @ the Track. He does a ton of the Motocrosse Races in Michigan and he does all the Michigan Snowcross races as well . Yamaha is Bring there 53 ft semi with 20 plus demos in it. I think if you give it a shot you will have fun. I,m charging 25.00 per class and 5.00 for any additional classes you want to register in. I am Charging spectators 5.00 and kids 12 and under will be free. I think thats pretty Dang Reasonable for a day of fun. I hope some of you can make it out and if not maybee next year.

You can go on youtube and type in Michigan Mud Nationals and you will find a hand full of Videos from the June event. Some of the Drags are from the Pratice . You can also go to us27motorsports.com and click on the Mud nationals link on the home page and it will give you our classes and some more video and pictures. You should see some of these guys in the Rangers and Razors on the obstacle beat the piss out of there stuff that in itself is worth coming to see. LOL

I can be reached @ 989-224-8874 or 517-204 - 4944 if you have any questions.

Thanks Fred Grove

As Mark Herrek probably told you Fred, we need another good 300 foot sand track/paddle track in MI.

Mark can get you in touch with Rich and his group, they have a complete set of lights and timers if you want this track to take off.

I am very interested...and will call you sometime soon to discuss a few things!!!

Dave

he is a quote from SL FORUMS...

The sand is in and the track looks pretty sweet. We made a couple passes on it today and it hooks very well. Definately going to want paddles for this track. We can run 300 feet and shutdown no problem. We dug out the mud pit and started pumping water. So far everything looks great and we are ahead of schedule. I got some videos today and i will post them tomarrow so you guys get an idea of what the track is like.

he is a quote from SL FORUMS...

The sand is in and the track looks pretty sweet. We made a couple passes on it today and it hooks very well. Definately going to want paddles for this track. We can run 300 feet and shutdown no problem. We dug out the mud pit and started pumping water. So far everything looks great and we are ahead of schedule. I got some videos today and i will post them tomarrow so you guys get an idea of what the track is like.

TEST RUN VIDEO,

100_5653.jpg

100_5652.jpg