No link swingarm

Josh Z

whart the hell filter setup is that?...and i can't really see from the pic what that side link does. is it to keep the swinger square when turning?

It's a pan-hard rod. With almost 200 hp it'll pull the swinger sideways w/o it. The filters are K&N on 55mm Packard Lectron alcohol carbs. The chassis is a +14" Lonestar and the arm is also +14". It's just a lil ol' 910cc Matoon motor. 8-) Notice it also has an outboard bearing for the front sproket. This prevents the shaft from flexing as well. BTW it's for sale. I'm getting to old to go that fast.

381246674.jpg

381246666.jpg

381246667.jpg

382660715.jpg

Edited by sandtazam

It's a pan-hard rod. With almost 200 hp it'll pull the swinger sideways w/o it. The filters are K&N on 55mm Packard Lectron alcohol carbs. The chassis is a +14" Lonestar and the arm is also +14". It's just a lil ol' 910cc Matoon motor. 8-) Notice it also has an outboard bearing for the front sproket. This prevents the shaft from flexing as well. BTW it's for sale. I'm getting to old to go that fast.

381246674.jpg

381246666.jpg

381246667.jpg

382660715.jpg

Thats a sick machine. What size tire are those?

What chassis are you running? I prefer the no link on a drag chassis and a link on stock.

I'm running a stock frame for now. But pretty much all I do is ride to the big hill then climb it a few times then go home. Does it make for a rough ride or does it just put different strains on the swingarm due to the position of the shock? Thanks for the reply!

I'm running a stock frame for now. But pretty much all I do is ride to the big hill then climb it a few times then go home. Does it make for a rough ride or does it just put different strains on the swingarm due to the position of the shock? Thanks for the reply!

It isn't necessarily a rough ride, chances are if you are a drag racer/ hill climber you are running a stiffer shock any way. The no link set up changes the angle and position at which your weight transfer comes from. It is going to plant the rear of the bike out of the hole. There are so many aspects of chassis and suspension set ups that you are going to have to pick an swinger type and build your way around it with ride heights, shock pressures, tire sizes, gearing etc... There really is no right or wrong answer to what you choose, but there must be a reason that most of your drag and hill shooter chassis are built as a no link set up.....my 2 cents

Thanks for the complement. :cheers:

Do you know anyone with a NL you could take a ride on? I haven't ridden a link in so long that I don't remember the ride. You may also contact Lonestar or one of the other chassis builders and ask them what you may experience. when you choose shocks, check out Works shocks. they send you a sheet to write down aspects and measurements of the bike. This helps them determine valving, springs compression and rebound on the shocks. They were very helpful with the shocks on my other bike.

Edited by sandtazam

Thanks for the complement. :cheers:

Do you know anyone with a NL you could take a ride on? I haven't ridden a link in so long that I don't remember the ride. You may also contact Lonestar or one of the other chassis builders and ask them what you may experience. when you choose shocks, check out Works shocks. they send you a sheet to write down aspects and measurements of the bike. This helps them determine valving, springs compression and rebound on the shocks. They were very helpful with the shocks on my other bike.

This is great advise. Call Tim at Stellar, he is very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. And best of all a site sponsor. Another option for shocks would be Marvin Shaw, give them a call and have them recommend a shock for your particular set up. They will custom tailor a shock to your machine, including the length for your desired stance.

• 5 years later...