Not running right after getting wet.

I was riding this past weekend and every time I crossed the river, the bike would run like a car would when you get water up on the distributor. It would still run and still hit the power band but felt like it was only running at about %75 with alot of "pinging" coming from the front of the exhaust. The thing that gets me is it takes forever to get it to clear out, and most of the time I have to go over to the straights and air it out before it will clear out. I was crossing through about 8"-10" deep water. The first couple of times I went through kinda fast but after words on the way back, I went through about as slow as I could. Is there anything I can do to keep this from happening? Thanks

I was riding this past weekend and every time I crossed the river, the bike would run like a car would when you get water up on the distributor. It would still run and still hit the power band but felt like it was only running at about %75 with alot of "pinging" coming from the front of the exhaust. The thing that gets me is it takes forever to get it to clear out, and most of the time I have to go over to the straights and air it out before it will clear out. I was crossing through about 8"-10" deep water. The first couple of times I went through kinda fast but after words on the way back, I went through about as slow as I could. Is there anything I can do to keep this from happening? Thanks

well yes you can do anything from keeping this from happening, and that is DONT CROSS RIVERS ON A BANSHEE lol. First off 2 strokes hate water, if you get water anywhere inside the motor it will run like crap. If you went fast, chances are water did get somewhere inside the motor. IMO banshees are made for sand and dirt not crossing rivers, 4x4's are meant for that

Edited by ELKARACING_SHEE

X-2 on waterproofing and outerwares. From your description doesn't sound electrical , tho it could be . Might try di-electric grease on conections and plug caps. There were Banshees before 4x4 quads, which are for PUSSIES and old farts. Also wether 2 or 4 stroke you have to prep your machine for wet/muddy conditions. Been riding 2 smoke dirt bikes long befor 4 pokes were even thought of as viable off road bikes and had no problems. It slays me those that are afraid of a little (or lot) of mud or water. Obviously 510's favorite trail has a water crossing.