transmission fuild

so i wanna change my tranny oil tommrrow and was wondering how much does it take does the engine have to be warm or cold ? and after the change to check the fliud level do i screw the dip stick in or not??

It takes 1.5 litres, orr a quart and a half. thats what the 1500cm3 stands for. and doesnt matter if its cold or hot. And yaa you should put the dip stick back in lol.

It takes 1.5 litres, orr a quart and a half. thats what the 1500cm3 stands for. and doesnt matter if its cold or hot. And yaa you should put the dip stick back in lol.

ok thanks bro lol and i know the dip stick goes back in im asking when u check the level do u have to screw it in or just put it in??

ok thanks bro lol and i know the dip stick goes back in im asking when u check the level do u have to screw it in or just put it in??

Ya screw it all the way in. as long as you put in 1.5 litres you ll be good. the dip stick dont mean shit. if it reads over full thats ok. :cheers:

TO properly check the fluid level the dipstick is supposed to sit ON TOP of the threads per the genuine Yamaha shop manual and also the owners manual that came with the brand new 89 and 96 models I bought. Also, it actually takes about 1.8 quarts to fill the transmision. The oil does not have to be warm or hot but it does help it drain out faster and better. I usually warm up the tranny and pull the plug out of the transmission and let it sit overnight to drain out completely.

TO properly check the fluid level the dipstick is supposed to sit ON TOP of the threads per the genuine Yamaha shop manual and also the owners manual that came with the brand new 89 and 96 models I bought. Also, it actually takes about 1.8 quarts to fill the transmision. The oil does not have to be warm or hot but it does help it drain out faster and better. I usually warm up the tranny and pull the plug out of the transmission and let it sit overnight to drain out completely.

ok cool thanks alot so now when u check the level does it have to be warm or does it matter??