WTF Causes this?

Lokie

I was riding the bike down the highway and thought it melted down but tore it down to find the piston and cylinder wall to be in pristine condition! Although I did find a small washer like piece between the crank and rod that seems to have broken and is stopping the rod from turning on the crank and I don't know if I can replace this without tearing the motor completely down the motor and splitting the case and what is the part called? And what would Have caused this over revving the motor?

I was riding the bike down the highway and thought it melted down but tore it down to find the piston and cylinder wall to be in pristine condition! Although I did find a small washer like piece between the crank and rod that seems to have broken and is stopping the rod from turning on the crank and I don't know if I can replace this without tearing the motor completely down the motor and splitting the case and what is the part called? And what would Have caused this over revving the motor?

hate to say, but you need to tear it down, rip that crank out and either have it repaired or replaced

hate to say, but you need to tear it down, rip that crank out and either have it repaired or replaced

If so that is fine with me I just don't want to have to go threw that lol.... But I do need some advice since I'm going to have this motor tore down like that where should i go with it? what kind of crank? and should I just stroke it since I'm already this far into it?

• 2 weeks later...

If so that is fine with me I just don't want to have to go threw that lol.... But I do need some advice since I'm going to have this motor tore down like that where should i go with it? what kind of crank? and should I just stroke it since I'm already this far into it?

i would go with a welded stock stroke hot rod crank.