Banshee isn't running right need help

TideFan

Well here is the history and the situation. My banshee is an 05 bought in 06. It is all stock. I haven't had the chance or time to ride it a lot since I bought it. It probably has had between 5-8 gallons of gas run through it since I bought it, so it has spent most of its life sitting in the shed. I got it out this afternoon to ride it around before I carry it to the sand drags tomorrow, which will not happen now. It was dead on the right cylinder and wouldn't run. It did this some last time but I rode it a lap around the yard and it started firing on the cylinder. Well this time no, luck so I change the spark plugs. I still does the same thing. To try to make sure it isn't the ignition, I swapped the plug wires and still the same cylinder isn't running. It smokes little to none out of the right cylinder and If I rev it makes an air pushing or sucking sound from the pipe almost like a backfire but not really a pop. I'm thinking that the carb on that side may be gummed up or clogged since it sits so much. Any suggestions? I hope this isn't a blown cylinder. I never have done anything to the engine, it is bone stock. I was afraid to try to ride it b/c I don't see it getting any better and figured I could really cause some damage.

I don't have a compression tester. I'll probably borrow one tomorrow. Man, I hope it isn't a blown up. I won't have enough money to fix it before I graduate college.... in 2012.

WIth that little run time I highly doubt it...but you need to clean those carbs man..sitting that long something is caked up.........

I did a compression check. The gauge isn't a brand name so I not sure how accurate the reading is, but both sides were the same. I did the check cold b/c I didn't want to run it to get it hot and if one of the carbs isn't working it wouldn't be getting fuel to the cylinder and could mess up the walls. Anyways both sides showed 90 psi. I know that is low but with this engine having such little use I don't think the guage is right. The main thing I wanted to see is if the cylinder was lower than the other. I guess I'll tear down the carbs next week.