iPhone users

jamebo

Hey guys, I use a 16 gig iPhone 3gs running the 3.1.2 software. I've been thinking about installing the new ios 4.0.1 update, but after a little research I'm having doubts. I've heard about a few tech bugs with it, but what really worries me is a couple of people have said that when they dock their phone to a music player, the iPod feature is no longer compatible with the player. Has anyone here done the update to a 3gs and had any issues with this happening?

Thanks for the info, ELKA. I'll probably install it this evening. I just wanted to make sure everything was good with the music player, I play it a lot on my stereos. I was scared I'd install the new software and then the stereo would'nt play it or something.... I would've freaked out, lol. Thanks again for the info man, I appreciate it. :cheers:

Yes, I installed it that night. I like the update a lot, gave me lots of new features. The ipod still works good on my stereo's. The only slight probs I had at first was there were a few glitches where the ipod would start the music a couple of seconds into the songs from the beginning of the tracks... also my video's and clips from youtube were a little out of sync. The words didn't match the lips of the people talking/singing. I did a quick reboot of the phone and it instantly fixed all those issues.

The only other thing is one of my game apps, "Dragons Lair", is unplayable now. The controls don't respond, and there are pauses in between the screens. It worked flawlessly before the software update, however, after checking the ratings page on it, I see a lot of other people having the same issues I am with it after the ios update. So it is a problem with the app, not the iphone software. They will probably have an update on the app soon to fix it and get it running smoothly again.

All in all I am very happy with the new software, it added a ton of useful features!