Dome sizes

Hey i was just wondering about dome sizes with the cool head. What size would be lowest that you could run pump gas on. Race gas is kinda far away from me so I want to use pump gas when i need to but also have the option of use Race fuel.

Hey i was just wondering about dome sizes with the cool head. What size would be lowest that you could run pump gas on. Race gas is kinda far away from me so I want to use pump gas when i need to but also have the option of use Race fuel.

It will vary depending on what your elevation is. Generally speaking, I have heard you can run as low as 19's on pump gas, if you are at a high elevation. Sea level to about 1500 feet or so, I wouldn't go less than 20's. Just my two cents.

It will vary depending on what your elevation is. Generally speaking, I have heard you can run as low as 19's on pump gas, if you are at a high elevation. Sea level to about 1500 feet or so, I wouldn't go less than 20's. Just my two cents.

X2 on that

if i were you i would get 22's. i just did the worked out the compression ratio on my 421 with the 22's. its at 11.6:1, and i run 103 octaine. you should be running minimum 94 with compression like that.

how do you figure out what octane gas is required for your mods and dome sizes???

For example i have a stroker crank, carbon fiber reeds and spacers, milled head(don't know how much), k&n, +4 timing. (All mods were done by previous owner)

He told me to run 110 octane minimum.

I have a cool head and 19cc domes new just laying around. Just wondering what octane i would have to use if i put the cool head on.