opinions on my set up

I just sent my jugs to HJR for porting, my set up will be: T5s, +4 timing, cool head w/20cc domes, stock air box with more then enough holes, ported stock cages, 60 over wisecos, welded crank(stock), tors eliminators, cascade shift star, new clutch and cable, power shifter, and kevins porting. do you guys think this is a good set up for all around?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first question would be what kinda port is Kev doing for ya? Unless your getting an all out drag port you'll be fine. Kev does great work from what I hear from the people on here. I personally had Jeff @ FAST do my porting, but that was just because he was closer to me and that was it. Both guys do awesome work and your going to be super happy when you get that thing back together believe me. It's going to be a night and day difference.

That set up is vary similar to a set-up I ran before I switched to a 10mil it ran vary well.

I would recommend a set of reeds.

im going to get reeds, I also told kevin what type of riding I do, mostly aggresive open trail, dirt road, and field riding

Gonna have to disagree on the extended swing arm unless you ride in sand.

Mine(stock swinger arm) makes good power but doesnt wheelie up unless i really want it too. It usually breaks loose. But if she hooks, it will throw the front up. Mostly a personal preference. I hate stretched bikes due to decreased handling. then again, my stock suspension sucks banghead

Edited by RagunCajun

A +4 arm will help you in the handling department. It won't make your bike so long that it can't turn, plus it will keep the tires on the ground so you CAN turn. :jesterlaugh: I've got 2 banshee's that we're running on MX tracks with +6 arms! Eveyone says we look like we're racing on limo's, but they jump great and nobody can believe how hard we can come out of the turns. (That whole -1 arm crowd must race against blasters on a miniature golf course) Once your making the kind of power that new combo of yours will be making, a stock swingarm will only limit the amount of throttle you can use.

MY VOTE: STRETCH IT +4 to +6!