Help No fire on left cyclinder at idle!?!

Help No fire on left cylinder?!?

At idle the left cylinder is not firing and the exhaust is cold but I’m getting spark to the plug… fuel is going in and everything, carbs are sync'd. It starts to fire about 3/4 of the throttle. I don’t know what it could be. I took the bike into the shop for a rebuild and this is the way he gave it back to me and he can’t fix it. He keeps blaming it on the TORS and I never had them hooked up before I gave it to him and it ran tits before. I had originally just taken it in for tranny work but told him to do the top end being that he was already splitting the case.

Has anyone ever had this problem?

Edited by jaybanshee

is the choke tube in place? what mods does your bike have? what jets are in the bike now and what elevation are you running at?

Not sure on the Choke tube... will check but they are not stock carbs I think there 35 PwK. Sea level max ever a few hunder feet… never over a 1000. I have to check the jets

Mods;

5 mill stroker

After market reeds

pistons .5 over

Stock milled head

ported polished

CR carbs

twist throttle

pipes

Not sure on the Choke tube... will check but they are not stock carbs I think there 35 PwK. Sea level max ever a few hunder feet… never over a 1000. I have to check the jets

Mods;

5 mill stroker

After market reeds

pistons .5 over

Stock milled head

ported polished

CR carbs

twist throttle

pipes

nevermind about the choke tube then....i don't think the pwks have it...

i had the same thing but mine was on the right side and i have talked to several people with the same issue if you take it out and run the hell out of it for a minute it will normally go away funny thing is no one noes what causes it

What about my top end... will this ruin it as I haven't even broke it in yet? Everything else above check in good over the weekend... I did notice I have another problem now. It has problems downshifting... plus it doesn't catch neutral for nothing after a little warmed up... new clutch was just installed and the guy said he fixed that problem as well.

• 7 months later...