Tool organinzation

As odd of a subject this is, it's a damn good one!

I recently god rid of my craftsmen plastic tool holder(box) all my stuff came in. Now it's in a box with multiple shelves. Freakin sockets all over the place and so damn hard to find.

I am going to get one of those metal things to put my sockets on but then again, looking for them isnt so bad......ok im just cheap banghead

those red magnetic racks are by far the best, save for the magnetic shavings you would have to wipe off, and wash the sockets in water to clean. you can make them fit the average box by trimming the handles, with room for evtensions and rachets. those and the twist-locks, depending on collection size. those 2 are the most expensive, as well. i bought the smallest to hold some 3/8" impacts. that being said, to save spending as much on holders as i do on the tools themselfs, i went the following rout- i use the tapered socket trays that keep them in a row for some things, mostly special sockets and 1/4" drives, i got those peg holders, but the metric tray doesn't fit in the top of my box, so locking it away isn't really a convenient option. i use the wrench holders and socket holders they sell the small racks in. the biggest thing i've done by far- pegboard. i have all my main snap-on and craftsman sets hanging up, as well as hammers, screwdriver set, dewalt set, etc all organized and visible so i can walk right in and see where it all is, and takes seconds to put away. then i was able to organize both roll-aways and different travle boxes for the rest of the shit i don't use all the time, and extras.