carb slide help

today i was replacing my throttle cable on the banshee had slides out of carbs was looking in slides one of the keepers that holds needle in place was covering the hole in the slide and the other was oppisite now i dont know whichway isproper but i know enough to know they should b the same if some body could please help me i dont really know how else to explain it but if u look at the stock slide there is 4 holes 2 for screws to hold needle keeper in then one for the needle then this other hole does the keeper cover this hole or does it stay open please help me they dont show any pic like this in the manual so my only hope is some body who might have a stock carb off that can look at it or somebody withsome carb knowledge thank u guys for ur help

today i was replacing my throttle cable on the banshee had slides out of carbs was looking in slides one of the keepers that holds needle in place was covering the hole in the slide and the other was oppisite now i dont know whichway isproper but i know enough to know they should b the same if some body could please help me i dont really know how else to explain it but if u look at the stock slide there is 4 holes 2 for screws to hold needle keeper in then one for the needle then this other hole does the keeper cover this hole or does it stay open please help me they dont show any pic like this in the manual so my only hope is some body who might have a stock carb off that can look at it or somebody withsome carb knowledge thank u guys for ur help

Not sure if this will answer your question. I got this out of the installation instructions for a set of Toomey TR6 pipes:

"There is a hole in the bottom of the slide on the inside as you look down from the top. Also notice there is a passage way on the aluminum cable holder too. These must lineup! (See photo)

The purpose of this passage is so that the slide has an air vent to the top of the carb.

Otherwise, the slide would act like a piston in a cylinder and compress air above it. Once the compressed air blew out down the sides of the slide between the slide and the slide bore, the slide might stick on the way down because of the resulting vacuum created."

Please line these holes up!