Go back to Dual's Vs. R2's?

I have a pretty well modded Trail bike setup with a FAST 4mil MX port, Single 35PWK, FMF SST's, etc.... Its tuned great and runs awesome! Super quick throttle response and low-midrange. However on top end it seems to rev like crazy but not pull too hard after that midrange hit. Its not bad at all, but I think there is something missing there prob due to my setup with a single carb or pipes.

I don't want to change too much or make it a drag bike, but just want a little more mid-top. So I was thinking of trying these new R2 pipes over my SST's and wanted to know if that would give me the extra power I am looking for? Dual carbs would do it also, but that would involve alot more jetting and time setting up. Pipes would be mostly a bolt-on with maybe a quick carb adjustment.

Would the pipes make more of a difference than the carbs or how would these new pipes work in a trail setup? :headbang:

I know the Fatty's have a harder top end hit than SST's so maybe you can wrangle a trade or sell yours and buy another used set of Fatty's. I can't say anything about the R2's...don't know anyone personally that has installed them out yet so the jury's out on them.

Pure conjecture has me thinking they are for higher RPM than your single carb would want to feed though...or not.

Thanks for the replys. The last time I did a plug chop it was about spot on. But I have not rode it in a while so I will at least make sure its still tuned and jetted right. Yea I guess I may not be able to change too much since its mostly a low-mid range trail bike, but will see how it goes.