white smoke coming out of right exhaust pipe!

hey guys wondering if you can help. i have a 2000 banshee with a 96 motor converted electrical to a 2000. it is pouring white smoke out of right exaust pipe, and more comes out when i hit the gas. i heard it could be burning water or antifreeze, so i put a new head gasket in it. still pouring white smoke on the right side. i am running it 36:1. but should be that much smoke! i dont know what to do. i also heard it could be a crank seal. i am lost at this point.

hey guys wondering if you can help. i have a 2000 banshee with a 96 motor converted electrical to a 2000. it is pouring white smoke out of right exaust pipe, and more comes out when i hit the gas. i heard it could be burning water or antifreeze, so i put a new head gasket in it. still pouring white smoke on the right side. i am running it 36:1. but should be that much smoke! i dont know what to do. i also heard it could be a crank seal. i am lost at this point.

Try a leak test, I had coolant leaking in before and it caused that but a bad crank seal might let some oil in. If it was your oil mix both sides would smoke. My friends carbs were out of sync before and one side was smoking also.

Try a leak test, I had coolant leaking in before and it caused that but a bad crank seal might let some oil in. If it was your oil mix both sides would smoke. My friends carbs were out of sync before and one side was smoking also.

i synced the carb but its smells like burnt gear oil, it has a sour smell!

Edited by moflicky

ok, i went and got a new right side crank seal, took the engine out, how do i get to the crank seal? is there another way of replaceing the seal without splitting the case? and do i need to take the top end off? just wandered before i tear the whole thing apart.

ok, i went and got a new right side crank seal, took the engine out, how do i get to the crank seal? is there another way of replaceing the seal without splitting the case? and do i need to take the top end off? just wandered before i tear the whole thing apart.

never would of imagined! took off the clutch cover and pieces of the clutch basket were everywhere! ruined all the gears! and crank seal is bad. what a nightmare! there went alot of money in the trash, oh well i guess that what happens when you have no luck at anything! i dont even know where to begin. how do i get all the metal pieces out before taking the case apart? i dont want any metal pieces to get in the case. has this ever happened to anyone?

take everything on the motor apart. From the rooter to the tooter. Thoroughly clean everything.

Soak everything in a bucket of degreaser or some kind of solvent. Take a brush or something and remove all dirt, grease, etc.

Let everything dry. hit it with compressed air, wipe it all down with a white cloth until u see no metal on the cloth.

Replace all broken parts, reassemble and enjoy. Make sure the cases weren't damaged. :cheers:

never would of imagined! took off the clutch cover and pieces of the clutch basket were everywhere! ruined all the gears! and crank seal is bad. what a nightmare! there went alot of money in the trash, oh well i guess that what happens when you have no luck at anything! i dont even know where to begin. how do i get all the metal pieces out before taking the case apart? i dont want any metal pieces to get in the case. has this ever happened to anyone?

take everything on the motor apart. From the rooter to the tooter. Thoroughly clean everything.

Soak everything in a bucket of degreaser or some kind of solvent. Take a brush or something and remove all dirt, grease, etc.

Let everything dry. hit it with compressed air, wipe it all down with a white cloth until u see no metal on the cloth.

Replace all broken parts, reassemble and enjoy. Make sure the cases weren't damaged. :cheers:

took it apart and cleaned it all out. put all new seals and the tranny gears seemed to be ok. cleaned them off. put it back together and started it up. runs great! no smoke just need to synce the carbs again. it shifts good. thanks for the help! :headbang: