carb slides question

I noticed on the tops of the slides when you pull them out of the carbs that there are 4 holes. two for screws, one for the needle and what is the other hole for? im not sure if when i put the piece back in that hold the needle in place if im supposed to cover the hole or not?

If I'm thinking correct (it's early) , but isn't it for throttle cable ?

No, it is a vent to allow air to get above the slide so it does not become vacumn locked at wide open, or to allow air to escape from above the slide when you go to wideopen.

Edited by bansheesandrider

No, it is a vent to allow air to get above the slide so it does not become vacumn locked at wide open, or to allow air to escape from above the slide when you go to wideopen.

So do not plug the hole. i have the hole plugged right now so i will have to flip the throttle cable holder around. another question for ya... when synchronizing the carbs when the two indentation marks line up in the windows on the sides of the carbs, but i still have more throttle to go so they go beyond the windows... is that good or bad? the only way i can think to "fix" that is to screw the throttle limiter in to shorten the pull.