jetting help

I need some help dialing in these carbs. I am running 300 mains, 25 pilots and the needle is set on 3rd rind down from top out of 6 total. I am at sea level and the motor is stock bore, with toomey t-6 pipes, 28mm mikuni flat slide carbs and pods. It is just lagging on the bottom end, it doesnt have that snappy feel to it, it goes but like a slug until i get it into the higher rpms or the top of 2nd then it gets running more like a shee should. I also had a prob with fuel running out of the overflow on the carb bowls, I took em apart and checked em out and they seem fine now, but its like they stick here and there, im just adding this in case it might be affecting how its running. Any suggestions this is a rebuild and have yet to have it running good to have a starting point or comparison of how it should be.

I need some help dialing in these carbs. I am running 300 mains, 25 pilots and the needle is set on 3rd rind down from top out of 6 total. I am at sea level and the motor is stock bore, with toomey t-6 pipes, 28mm mikuni flat slide carbs and pods. It is just lagging on the bottom end, it doesnt have that snappy feel to it, it goes but like a slug until i get it into the higher rpms or the top of 2nd then it gets running more like a shee should. I also had a prob with fuel running out of the overflow on the carb bowls, I took em apart and checked em out and they seem fine now, but its like they stick here and there, im just adding this in case it might be affecting how its running. Any suggestions this is a rebuild and have yet to have it running good to have a starting point or comparison of how it should be.

Hey, I feel you pain about having a fresh rebuild and not having it run right. i have stock carbs and talked to someone and they told me my pilot jet was too small at a 25, they suggested 27.5's. sorry im not of more help, im waiting for my jets in the mail and my individual filters for the stage 3 kit. which is having the opposite problem as yours... runs great down low, and 3/4- full throttle she spits and sputters... good luck!

You need a set of 30 pilots. Once you install them, set your air mixture screws at 1.5 turns open, and go from there.

Thanks, I started with 30s and it did the same thing, but it was a lot harder to start, someone suggested i drop down to 27.5 and i have been since gone to 25s all with no major change, it just got easier to start as I drop down pilot sizes.

I bought a set of those carbs and the guy they came from was running 15 pilots in them,my motor was ported to hell and needed 30 pilots if thats a base for you,if you can email me a pic of the pilot jets I might have them in stock in alot of sizes,ill send you them for shipping.Mikunis run diffrent the only one on this site with good experiance and knowledge with theses carbs is probanly snopzynski,look him up he pops up here and there