dyno cheetah hp

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry bud but your response was a bit hard for me to understand wat u were asking. But here's wat I think your asking. The dyno is for atvs, there isn't many in my surrounding area and the one I go to is 45 mins away in leroy rochester. I wasn't there for the dyno runs, I work and have no time to even ride my atv let alone jet it. I've rode it maybe 4 times since the neew motor has been dropped in and it feels great. The power makes the bike squirly and the only problem I noticed was a ping/choke at full throttle and it wasn't anything drastic but enough for me to want the proper jetting. Now the jetting makes a mid to high end lagg and that's wat I didn't want. Again here I go with a idk. Sigh. I wish I was a genius sometimes :confused:

no story really.. just started out with a really low #... started making some changes.. gained about 35hp from the time I started. Squish should be anywhere from .040-.050 typically.. Timing varys due to the dome design. but usually 7 is a good start. Becarefull with jetting on a dyno.. its not real world jetting..

what should my timing be? I have it set at curve 3 on my programmed dyna cdi and 4 on the plate. And also wat about the squish? Wat should it be and wtf could u do if it wasn't right? And o yeah so fouledout wats your story

You've seen my posts.....you've read my rants....now you get to join the club. Start by realizing that the problem with your motor (Other than those lousey pipes. Get some BB CPI inframes.) is that Trinity sold you the kit. I've tried to pass that on in the past, but now your seeing it personaly. Call Tim at Titan Racing and he'll get you the domes you need. Don't do anything else till you get the right domes. You will end up blowing an O-ring from detonation with the ones you have. Then you'll be buying very expensive pistons to replace yours when the water quenches them and sticks the rings. Next go in the "product reviews" section here and read the "Trinity Sucks" post start to finish. You'll see that I've already helped another fellow 485PV owner to see the light. It's not the powervalves. Trinity has your domes tighter at the piston crown than at the edge of the piston. "Mailman" and I have the 4 mill cheetahs just like you and we have been down this road. I'll give you all the info I can to straighten out your issues. ( As a matter of fact, My bikes going back on the dyno this Saturday) I've spent years of time and countless amounts of cash to figure it all out. I'll give it all to you free as long as when your done, and it's running like a raped ape, you throw Trinity under the bus every chance you get ...Like I am here! PM me if you need anything else. Otherwise, feel free to ask it all here so we can back the bus over that prick daily. ;)

Sorry, it was the "Trinity Blows" post in the product reviews section. I bumped it for you. You should talk to "Modified RC" for his take on what he went thru.

Windy john, could u please pm me your tele number? Id like to pick your brainb a bit u seem like u have some critical info for me. Yes I've read trinity sucks, breifly like a month ago and though u might of encountered a lemon.

Btw I love my pipes. Id be heart broken if I had to sell/trade them for a set of chrome leg branders. Plus another reason I keep them is cascade uses them on big mil bikes, I just think the power from a cbi or shear pipe would be unusable for me. I'm not a huge topend person and I don't want a fourstroke

Windy john, could u please pm me your tele number? Id like to pick your brainb a bit u seem like u have some critical info for me. Yes I've read trinity sucks, breifly like a month ago and though u might of encountered a lemon.

Btw I love my pipes. Id be heart broken if I had to sell/trade them for a set of chrome leg branders. Plus another reason I keep them is cascade uses them on big mil bikes, I just think the power from a cbi or shear pipe would be unusable for me. I'm not a huge topend person and I don't want a fourstroke

Possibly a cheetah is not for you then? Even with the powervalves it is still a hard-hitting top-end bike, just with alot more pull down in the mid-range. Those pipes have to be choking it back alot. Basically like leaving stock exhaust on a weekend drag car.

Possibly a cheetah is not for you then? Even with the powervalves it is still a hard-hitting top-end bike, just with alot more pull down in the mid-range. Those pipes have to be choking it back alot. Basically like leaving stock exhaust on a weekend drag car.

PT's have the smoothest power delivery I've felt.. even on a drag ported motor. They might be holding back peak HP. (not everyone is looking for peak HP). but its going to have stronger mid and smoother curve. I'd think with a PV motor it would make for a very smooth curve. After its setup properly with the correct domes.. I'd like to see that dyno with the RPM rather then MPH. Keep us posted Nick.

PT's have the smoothest power delivery I've felt.. even on a drag ported motor. They might be holding back peak HP. (not everyone is looking for peak HP). but its going to have stronger mid and smoother curve. I'd think with a PV motor it would make for a very smooth curve. After its setup properly with the correct domes.. I'd like to see that dyno with the RPM rather then MPH. Keep us posted Nick.

Ya I know, I guess what I was trying to say is maybe a cheetah is not what he needs for what he wants out of a motor.

Lol the cheetah is right up my alley if u ask me, bigbore big stroke and pvs :headbang: wat more can a adrenline junkie ask for. I called titan racing and spoke to him at lenght about domes squish and ect. Monday he's gunna call me and ill hopefully will have some numbers for him and he will get me the correct domes. Its kinda annoying that I need new ones but wat the hells 1oo more dollars ontop of wat I already spent.

Lol the cheetah is right up my alley if u ask me, bigbore big stroke and pvs :headbang: wat more can a adrenline junkie ask for. I called titan racing and spoke to him at lenght about domes squish and ect. Monday he's gunna call me and ill hopefully will have some numbers for him and he will get me the correct domes. Its kinda annoying that I need new ones but wat the hells 1oo more dollars ontop of wat I already spent.

Yes but usually big bore and big stroke wants big pipes. I'm not saying it can't be done, just could have probably been done for cheaper on a stock set of cylinders. It's a cool setup nonetheless