lesnar vs carwin

VictorK

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fedor VS lesnar, that would probably be the biggest fight in MMA history

ill put my banshee on lesnar though :D

Fedor has proven to not be a PPV draw. There are potentially bigger money fights than Fedor/Brock. Sure all the hardcore fans want to see it, but many casual fans (the ones who make up most of the PPV buys) still don't even know who Fedor is. Plus, they just watched him get beat by a UFC reject. Fedor's stock dropped a TON when he got beat.

Fedor is known as a puncher...and a bad ass one.

Brock got beat by a BJJ guy too, his only loss....and look at his stock now.

Plenty of people know who Fedor is...and you bet your ass if he came over to the UFC, you would see it plastered on every bill board, website and commercial. Not as many people know who Fedor is because Dana White is a media machine...

Fedor has fought in substandard and not as well known circuits. The UFC is the top of the top as far as fighter skill and promotions.

Look at how big the buzz was when he came close to fighting Couture...and look what Lesnar did to him.

Like it or not, Lesnar brought a ton of pro wrestling fans over when he got here...and Dana knows that.

How else does a new guy get a belt fight in his first few professional MMA matches?

Fedor is known as a puncher...and a bad ass one.

Brock got beat by a BJJ guy too, his only loss....and look at his stock now.

Plenty of people know who Fedor is...and you bet your ass if he came over to the UFC, you would see it plastered on every bill board, website and commercial. Not as many people know who Fedor is because Dana White is a media machine...

Fedor has fought in substandard and not as well known circuits. The UFC is the top of the top as far as fighter skill and promotions.

Look at how big the buzz was when he came close to fighting Couture...and look what Lesnar did to him.

Like it or not, Lesnar brought a ton of pro wrestling fans over when he got here...and Dana knows that.

How else does a new guy get a belt fight in his first few professional MMA matches?

Fedor is still not that widely known. The hardcore fans do their best to get his name out there but Strikeforce and M-1 have done a terrible job at promoting him. When there is a UFC card, how often do you hear about it? Don't you see it plastered all over everything everywhere? Now think back to the last few Fedor fights. How much advertising did you see for them? It was minimal at best. Granted if he came to the UFC, they would get behind them with their marketing team and market the shit out of him.

Brock already had a huge following because of the WWE. He didn't need any marketing. He was setting PPV records with his very first fight. It's not the same with Fedor, who is still in the big scheme of things, a virtual unknown. Now with Werdum just putting a spanking on him, he is even less relevant. The casuals see him as the fat, out of shape guy who got beat by that guy that got cut from the UFC.

I think Fedor is more known than you think...but you're right, M1 and Strikeforce do not have the media promotion UFC does. Without a doubt....and like you said, Brock had a following before UFC because of wrestling.

I bet he's happy the Vikings cut him and he's fighting once or twice a year instead of playing every Sunday.

A Brock/Fedor fight would be the biggest PPV every. You could account most of that to Brock, but I'd say 25 to 30% would tune in because of Fedor...

If Fedor had the businessmen in his corner that Brock does...he'd be well known and famous.

His Russian Mafia businessmen are holding him back..no doubt.

i think they should have a rematch against carwin and lesnar in the future soon, if carwin would have took his time and lined up some nice shots while lesnar was in the fetal position covering up. i believe carwin would have took it. instead of throwing 40 punches to lesnars arms covering his face. but that was one of the most exciting/action i 've seen from a heavyweight fight, but that also might have been since i wanted to lesnar go down.

Let me clear this up.

I do not know if he has a cardio problem.

I agree that he ran out of gas.

If you drive your truck yhe speed limit and don't dog it lets say you get 15mpg.

Now lets say i have the same truck but go 100mph everywhere i go, and i only get 6mpg.

Would you say your truck inherently gets better mileage?

I'm just trying to be logical.

If carwin and lesnar fought at the same pace and carwin was shot at the end of the 1st and lesnar was not, I'd say carwin had poorer cardio.

There is not enough evidence to say that however.

Geez

hahahahaha thats just funny.

when you can train your truck to improve its gas mileage when going 100mph. Then we can talk. Just like Tyler said there are plenty of fighter that fight like that and they don't get tired so its no excuse for carwin. He gassed out plain and simple.

M&M read this article, Ref Josh Rosenthal Explains Why He Didn't Stop Lesnar-Carwin

I forgot this some mentioned that they have the same upper body and same arm length. lesner is 6'9' fingertip to fingertip carwin is 6'8" fingertip to fingertip. That in no way lets you know that they are the same upper body and same arm length. One fighter can have a wider chest and shorter arms the other complete opposite.

• 2 weeks later...

when you can train your truck to improve its gas mileage when going 100mph. Then we can talk. Just like Tyler said there are plenty of fighter that fight like that and they don't get tired so its no excuse for carwin. He gassed out plain and simple.

Well there you go. You just proved your own self wrong.

You CAN'T train your truck to get better mileage at 100mph. Just like you CAN'T train a 280lb man to go full blast for 2-3 minutes straight. There has to be a compromise.

Anyone that size woulda gassed.

I forgot this some mentioned that they have the same upper body and same arm length. lesner is 6'9' fingertip to fingertip carwin is 6'8" fingertip to fingertip. That in no way lets you know that they are the same upper body and same arm length. One fighter can have a wider chest and shorter arms the other complete opposite.

If you would not have ignorantly skipped over the link I posted you would see that their upper bodies "appear" to be the same size.

This arguement is silly.

Show me one fight where a 280lb man exerted himself like carwin did, and didn't gas...

One fight

Ever

In the history of fighting

Just one

And I'll never doubt you again

I challenge anyone to this.

Take off in a full sprint down the street. As fast as you can. And see how long it takes you to gas.

Then picture your lungs feeding 280lbs.

You will gas. In under 2 minutes. You will be in no shape to fight.

Edited by SLORYDER