Can someone explain this to me?

hmm, makes me wonder if it was broke in properly. if not, there could be binding. and are you certain the rings/pistons went back in the same jugs?. just a thought- are you warming it up before you go ride hard?

Yes sir, let it warm up for a minute then eased around the yard some then slowly started getting a little faster and faster. I took the motor apart the jugs and everything looked FINE. BUTTTT in my cases you can see a giant gouge. It looks like something fell in there or broke and was spinning with the crank and gouged my case.. :shrugani:

Yes sir, let it warm up for a minute then eased around the yard some then slowly started getting a little faster and faster. I took the motor apart the jugs and everything looked FINE. BUTTTT in my cases you can see a giant gouge. It looks like something fell in there or broke and was spinning with the crank and gouged my case.. :shrugani:

When you get the engine apart check the crank bearings real good, make sure all the little rivets that hold the bearing cages together are all still in place.

Also check to make sure a reed screw didn't come loose and get in the crank area. It could be many things that got in the engine but I would check the two listed above first.

When you get the engine apart check the crank bearings real good, make sure all the little rivets that hold the bearing cages together are all still in place.

Also check to make sure a reed screw didn't come loose and get in the crank area. It could be many things that got in the engine but I would check the two listed above first.

Will do bud. How do you know if your crank bearings are good? Just see if the rods have excessive play left to right and any up and down?

The crank bearings, and also the rod bearings should be replaced if they have any up and down play at all.

Ok the crank didnt I just wanted to see if there was a way to tell if the crank bearings themselves were bod I can tell when a rods going.