First time in hill climbing and with paddle tires.

Pasi S.

I´m going to climb hills for the very first time in my life. I have stock frame, -swinger and -gearing(14/41). I have 20x11x10 8 V-paddle sand sharks with Douglas Black labels. Other mods are in my signature. Front tires are stock Dunlops.

Do you think that my gearing is OK or do you think that I should gear it a little lower - like 13/42?

In the flat ground with my 20" Holeshots and 14/41 gearing it just rips but I honestly can´t compare it to any other sport quad (no friends -LOL!).

Do you think I should lower it down? I have lowering kit but I haven´t installed it yet.

I have also 2" wide Durablue spacers for my rear but now I´m running a stock rear axle with stock Yamaha rear rims.

So, do you think it´s wise to wide it 4"?

How about front rims? they are 2+3 offset. Should I flip them over?

I don´t have any other questions but if you have "good tips", "must do´s" and things like that it would be great.

Here is couple of vid´s about the hills.

"They" told me that those Pälkäne-hills are very steep and not for rookies. :yank: (I don´t know)

-Pasi S.

(sorry my english)

OK thanks! I´ll try some shorter hills first with my second gear and see how my powerband holds.

I won´t lower it -OK!

LOL! I´m in Finland and all those +something swingers are over there in the states. I would like to have +6 right now and some 22x10x8 10 paddle Haulers on 8x8 Blues with 13/4? gearing.

Thanks!

-Pasi S.

Anything else? this sounds easy!? :shrugani:

HAHAaa alf44!

Against me is an older guy with more experience with quads and cimbing hills. He has a Honda 700 IRS with some paddles.

I can´t beat him. And -yes- I do scare of doing this.

-Pasi S.

I will pin it but I think I can´t win it! :cry:

Edited by Pasi S.

LOL! just keep practicing. If you get him off the line you'll have a better chance. Hit me up when your ready to start building it up. Ive got alot of used stuff that will save you some money and of course I can get all the new stuff you want. :headbang:

OK thanks alf44!

We have only 4 Banshees here in Finland and one of those is broken and too expensive to rebuild (611 Cheetah).

So that makes three of them is running! I believe that you can´t take Finland as the most important marketing area! (lol!)

I´ll let those other guys know that you have some....

So you will ship to Finland and accept PayPal??

-Pasi S.

• 2 weeks later...

FUKKING AWESOME!!!!!!!

Now I realy do know what I want to do with my Banshee!!!

First I couldn´t believe that my Banshee could climb those hills, but my friend with a Kawi KFX700 told me to just DO IT!

AND I DID! HELL YEAH!! I was scared and full of adrenaline and after a first climb I was feeling like a king!

It was HOT day and I was running rich but it didn´t stop me(!!) mid range was so dab that I falled off the pipe every now and then...

Next time will be better.

-Pasi S.