Clutch Issues

Having trouble with the newly rebuilt shee, nothing is missing in the tranny, i dont have the rubber cushins in with the steels and friction plates in the clutch basket, just baught a brand new magnum clutch basket, but was told i didnt need to run them. Clutch is adjusted correctly as far as I know, rod and ball are both there so that is not the problem. i really have no clue as to what is going wrong, could use a little help!

Thanks everyone,

Amanda

Having trouble with the newly rebuilt shee, nothing is missing in the tranny, i dont have the rubber cushins in with the steels and friction plates in the clutch basket, just baught a brand new magnum clutch basket, but was told i didnt need to run them. Clutch is adjusted correctly as far as I know, rod and ball are both there so that is not the problem. i really have no clue as to what is going wrong, could use a little help!

Thanks everyone,

Amanda

Is it a new clutch? I would think so since you just built it. I would recheck the adjustment on the clutch. Tell me out your properly adjusted it.

The clutch itself is not new, but there is a new basket and clutch boss, still using the old clutch plates with out the rubber spacers. All the clutch plates measured out to be useable. Everything worked before i got the new clutch basket and put the engine back together. I did not adjust the clutch that was done by my boyfriends friend and he swears up and down it was done right, i do not know how to do it myself, but then again i have never tried either.

Amanda

When you put it in gear can you hear or feel the tranny go into gear? Have you tried using all of the gears besides just first? Was the tranny apart recently? If it wasnt then you may be able to eliminate shift forks. Also, just below the left carb (as you are sitting down on the seat) you should be able to see the downshaft move as u pull in the clutch handle. When you let out of the handle you should be able to move the downshaft a little bit because there should be free play. Keep us updated.