Need help with little problem

Hey all.

I got a 2006 Banshee which is running pretty goor. It starts first kick, and idles nicely. I only have two problems with it.

Problem 1: when riding it and reaching the top of the rev usually in 3rd or 4th gear, if i pin it wide open throttle it bogs and doesnt want to continue building revs. Because of this problem im forced to ride it and shift early before it bogs.

Problem 2: When starting it i use the choke. It starts no problem. After sitting there idling for a bit, if i decide to pull the choke out again while bike is idling, itll shut down. Is this normal?? If not, what could it be.

All help is highly appriciated.

P.S. Im not too good with bikes, so if you guys have any solutions for me, please try to tell me them in a little bit more detail than you would an experienced rider. Thank you, Alex.

We need to know what your mods, current jetting, and elevation are, before we can help at all.

X2 on this. Also if possible do a compression check. Your 2 problems could be related, you might be slightly rich.If the motor is warm there is no need for the choke and using it is putting too much fuel in the engine , flooding it and causing it to die.

Thanks for help.

When i bought the bike it came with a boost bottle and an after market air filter which i running with no cover. I dont knwo what the jets are, but should i be running for tthat bike in your opinion? Those are the only things done to the bike that arent original. I live in NYC , so dont know elevation.

I checked the plugs and the tips are black. But who knows how old they are. Everythign seems to run perfect , except for that problem not wanting to rev andn boging when i wot it at top of gear.. The bike starts first kick everytime.

I have the T6 on order. I ordered the kit whcih comes with jets, so hopefully that solves the problem.

Thanks for help, and any other suggestons are appreciated.

Edited by bansheenyc77

What we have here is failure to communicate !! Best advice for you right now is to get a repair manual !!! Either a Clymers or Haynes (?) Jets are little brass orfices in the carburators with a teeny-tiny hole that meters fuel flow at wide open throttle. Go to Jetting and exhaust forum and read thread about jetting. Search forums for info, you will learn alot just by reading . BTW , change your plugs first !!

What we have here is failure to communicate !! Best advice for you right now is to get a repair manual !!! Either a Clymers or Haynes (?) Jets are little brass orfices in the carburators with a teeny-tiny hole that meters fuel flow at wide open throttle. Go to Jetting and exhaust forum and read thread about jetting. Search forums for info, you will learn alot just by reading . BTW , change your plugs first !!

I know what jets are, and already ordered the Clymers manual which came in handy for me to change the rear brakes. My friend also gave me a jet kit with different size jets. What size do you guys think i would need for basically stock banshee?? Thanks..

What size jets is a hard question there is no one that can tell you exactly. You are going to have to change them and do a proper plug chop. But remember its always best to start out rich and lean it out to what you need. I f you do a search on plug chop you'll find out exactly what you need to do. You cant tell a whole lot by just pulling a plug and looking with out doing a proper plug chop. You should start with about a 240 to 250 and go from there. I hope that you like the T6s because I havent read too many good reviews on them. The T5 is a far better pipe, but its all what kinda riding your trying to do. If your into trails and woods I would of went with Pro Circuits instead of T6s and if your more into drag racing I would of went with the T5s IMO.

You asked for detail . Even identical machines might have slightly different tuning requirements.

What size jets is a hard question there is no one that can tell you exactly. You are going to have to change them and do a proper plug chop. But remember its always best to start out rich and lean it out to what you need. I f you do a search on plug chop you'll find out exactly what you need to do. You cant tell a whole lot by just pulling a plug and looking with out doing a proper plug chop. You should start with about a 240 to 250 and go from there. I hope that you like the T6s because I havent read too many good reviews on them. The T5 is a far better pipe, but its all what kinda riding your trying to do. If your into trails and woods I would of went with Pro Circuits instead of T6s and if your more into drag racing I would of went with the T5s IMO.

Oh no, dont tell me that.. :(.

I read alot on pipes before actually deciding on the t6'. I read that the t5's are good if youir going to do mods to the motor (which i dont plan on doing) and the t6's are good if your going to leave it stock. Im not really looking into having the fastest and badest machine. I just want a good looking Banshee theats reliable and runs good.

Im going to wait for the pipes to come in before starting to mess with the jetting, since im going to have to redo them anyway once i install the pipes.

Thanks for all the help, you guys are great!!!