Need some expert advice!

It's amazing... I pulled the filter off and looked at it.. it was cleaner then hell.. or at least looked clean. I washed it out, threw it back in, and the fuckin thing runs even better than it did when i bought it. I've got an alba filter and sock, but I pulled it off yesterday and it was clean.. I barely got anything out of it. It's amazing how something as little as that could cause my banshee to BARELY run on top end. I guess it wasn't getting enough air. Thanks for the help though I really appreciate it. I never bothered with it yesterday because of how clean it looked. I think what really was my problem was the sock though. It seemed to be pretty dirty. Didn't even think about it being the filter. I come from a loooong line of four strokes, and I've seen them run fine without being serviced for years. I get a little bit of dirt in my filter and I gotta come crying to you guys. I hope the rest of this year I won't have to worry about tiny things like that. Looks like the filter's gettin cleaned more than my Raptor 700.

PS.. How long do these motors run? This one is still going strong at 6 years now on stock plugs lol. If it ain't pinned, it's parked.