Help jetting a new set of PWK28's

I just grabbed some PWK28's and I need some help jetting.

Currently I have stock carbs with a 290 main and 27.5 pilot, needle on middle clip.

My bike has FMF SST's, Pro Flo Intake with lid on, +4 timing, and Coolhead with 21cc domes

Where should my starting point for mains/pilot/needle be on the PWK's?

What needle are you guys using with the PWK's?

Where is the best place to buy jet's for these carbs? Off the net somewhere or can I go into a dealer and get them?

Thanks

-Mark

Edited by stokes77

158 main, 48 pilot, N68A needle in the middle. Probably better getting the jets from one of the site sponsors

Thanks,

I forgot to mention, I've got boyesen reeds on stock cages and my elevation is about 2500 ft and I ride quite a bit at 3500 and up.

Thanks,

I forgot to mention, I've got boyesen reeds on stock cages and my elevation is about 2500 ft and I ride quite a bit at 3500 and up.

if im correct,,,you may need to start out with a few jet sizes bigger than that with that kind of elevation,,,if i have this backwards someone please chime in,,,as far as the pilots i dont know if u will have to go up or not,,,possibly so.....and if your desperate,,,yes,,you can get the jets from a dealer

if im correct,,,you may need to start out with a few jet sizes bigger than that with that kind of elevation,,,if i have this backwards someone please chime in,,,as far as the pilots i dont know if u will have to go up or not,,,possibly so.....and if your desperate,,,yes,,you can get the jets from a dealer

Backwards... But that's okay... ;)

No porting, no mods other than those domes and that pipe, and at that elevation, I'd start at 155 Mains and 45 pilots. You'll probably wind up at 145-148 or 150....

No porting, no mods other than those domes and that pipe, and at that elevation, I'd start at 155 Mains and 45 pilots. You'll probably wind up at 145-148 or 150....

Allright, thanks for the help. I am just waiting to get the carbs then I will see whats in them for jets and go from there.

ditto, higher elevation runs richer

• 2 weeks later...

Allright guys, got the carbs in today and jetted as close as I can for now.

Ended up with 45 pilots and 150 mains.

All I can say is wow! These pwk's really changed the quad. The motor is a tired 105-110 psi(down from 145) and it seems like it's faster now, then it was with the stock carbs and good compression. It pulls the wheels up instantly as soon as you hit 2nd gear.

I'll be going out to the track on Sunday, and I hope I can get it jetted perfect then.

Thanks for the help.

-Mark