Stuck in 3rd and 4th gear

So I was out tearin up the pit, was coming across a straight away and went from 4th gear, 5th gear, then 6th. When in 6th I started to slow down for a turn, dropped a few gears and the shifter got stuck. It seemed like it was stuck in 3rd, wouldnt shift any lower, but would go into 4th gear and the shift lever would be up higher than normal. I couldnt shift into any other gears, just between those 2 (I could possibly be wrong and it might of been 4th gear and 5th gear but it felt like 3rd and 4th to me) I decided it was a good time to leave, after cruising down the street for a mile or so shifting through just 2 gears, all of the sudden it let me shift into all gears like normal. I didnt ride it much after this because I was already on the way home, but I shifted through all the gears a few times and it was smooth. I just want to know what some other people think about this. Should I worry? Should I get the tranny checked out? Should I just keep running it until it breaks? I just dont want to end up having to replace a bunch of parts when I could of just replaced one earlier.

Sounds like your eccentric screw sheared off. Happen to me a long while back. Simple cheap fix.

It rides between your shift shaft torsion spring on the clutch side.

Pull your cover and have a look.

Also could be one of your forks bent also.

But pull the cover off and check the E-screw and spring on the shift shaft first.