banshee problem

hi guys, im new to this forum..... ok so i just got this 93' banshee, and it seems like its runnin/riding kinda weired... when you start off in first gear it kinda hesitates, but as you start speeding up, lets say 2nd or 3rd gear, it gets better and starts riding like it should.... so, i was wondering what could be causing this problem? maybe i need to get new pistons? or adjust the carbs? maybe i need new spark plugs? i just got this banshee today, so i havent worked on it yet.... i got it cuz it was cheap, and im planning on rebuilding the whole thing in the winter....

any advise would be great....

hi guys, im new to this forum..... ok so i just got this 93' banshee, and it seems like its runnin/riding kinda weired... when you start off in first gear it kinda hesitates, but as you start speeding up, lets say 2nd or 3rd gear, it gets better and starts riding like it should.... so, i was wondering what could be causing this problem? maybe i need to get new pistons? or adjust the carbs? maybe i need new spark plugs? i just got this banshee today, so i havent worked on it yet.... i got it cuz it was cheap, and im planning on rebuilding the whole thing in the winter....

any advise would be great....

Could be a number of things. What is your jetting?

pull the carb out from the intake boot and pull the four screws from the bottom of the bowl. Look at the mid of the bottom of the carb for the Hex nut. It should have 3 numbers on there. IE (240).

Read up on this site.

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/jetfaq.html

thanks. ill try do do that tomorrow, and maybe clean the carbs as well...... im assuming it is stock (200), cuz the guy i got it from didnt do anything to it, other than the pipes and boost bottle....

Edited by way2cool101