tors

can someone plz explain what exactly is tors and the purpose? also is it better removed, can i simply unplug to run a twist throttle? thanks

banghead

Search is my friend. well it was a list of topics dont know what went wrong. Enter Tors Help, search title, no post preview, 200 results.

banghead

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=quick_search&search_app=core&fromsearch=1

can someone plz explain what exactly is tors and the purpose? also is it better removed, can i simply unplug to run a twist throttle? thanks

Its just for safety, its a Throttle Override Switch. You can disconnect it by unplugging the the 2 lines going to your carbs and the line going to a small device mounted under your gas tank above left cylinder. There are kits available to eliminate the system by adding an idle screw to each carb and replacing the carb tops and throttle cable with regular ones.

Yea i had all sorts of problems with my tors. My personal opinion is that yamaha fucked up when they put that on. I went to vito's performance and got the tors eliminator kit. It comes with everything you need from a cable, to the idle screws ande drill/tap. it sounds hard but its a piece of cake to install them takes about 30 minutes. the kit cost 60 bucks go to vitosperformance,com

Yes you can just unplug the control box under the gas tank on the left side next to the coil to run your twist throttle. DO NOT buy the Vito's kit as the cable will not work with your twist throttle. Some twist kits come with a cable that leaves the stock TORS tops on the carbs, and some twist kits come with the new round tops. If your kit has the new tops with it, then all you need to purchase is the idle screw kit from Motion Pro.