tires

hondamxerd

Hoosier has rear tires on clearence:

https://www.hoosiertire.com/discontinuedtires.htm

Go down to Left Rear Micro Sprint Tires, and you can get a killer deal!

these look very good, they are really big tho, will they fit with no clearance prob? also ima have to buy rims too, its just gonna be oval track, no jumps, do i really need beadlocks or can i get away with blue labels? one more, ive seen the dura tires on ebay, are they ok or is the hoosier better, the track is actually a car track but they are gonna runs quads a few times too...thanks again

these look very good, they are really big tho, will they fit with no clearance prob? also ima have to buy rims too, its just gonna be oval track, no jumps, do i really need beadlocks or can i get away with blue labels? one more, ive seen the dura tires on ebay, are they ok or is the hoosier better, the track is actually a car track but they are gonna runs quads a few times too...thanks again

No the 59" tires are fine, you'll have no clearence problems at all. I would recommend running beadlock to reduce the chance of spinning a bead but you can run them on regular rims.

Stay away from the dura tires they are a very hard compound and don't grip worth poop. Stick with hoosiers (RD12 or RD15) or amercian racers (SD-23) if your running the oval.

What kind of surface is the track? Clay, dirt, etc...

Edited by someone82

No the 59" tires are fine, you'll have no clearence problems at all. I would recommend running beadlock to reduce the chance of spinning a bead but you can run them on regular rims.

Stay away from the dura tires they are a very hard compound and don't grip worth poop. Stick with hoosiers (RD12 or RD15) or amercian racers (SD-23) if your running the oval.

What kind of surface is the track? Clay, dirt, etc...

the track is 4/10 mile oval clay...thanks for the good info about what compound, where do you buy ur rims or the cheapest place... and what about some of those lowering kits on ebay, that claim to lower and widen the front, are they any good, or should i save up for some ff arms or some r6 shocks and wheel spacers... kinda on a budget( who isnt?..lol) thanks again...

Edited by hondamxerd

the track is 4/10 mile oval clay...thanks for the good info about what compound, where do you buy ur rims or the cheapest place... and what about some of those lowering kits on ebay, that claim to lower and widen the front, are they any good, or should i save up for some ff arms or some r6 shocks and wheel spacers... kinda on a budget( who isnt?..lol) thanks again...

For rims, I've honestly bought them all off e-bay, I would check out Alfie, as he is a site sponser and I think he can get rims.

If your just trying out flat track, then just get one of the front and rear lowering kit from I think cjr performance. You can also flip the front wheels to get you by and get some added width. Remeber tho, flipping the front wheels brings the center of the tire out over the wheel hub and it will slow down weight transfer to the opposite corner.

Also for my riding style I like the rear to narrow then the front, so I ca turn the bike easier. This is so I can diamond the corners (make the track 4 strait aways), and loose less corner speed through the apex.

If you are going to be serious, save up for arms, get shocks tuned for flat track use (length, valving, and spring rates), and an extended adjustable axle.

I tried the r6 shocks, and they were just way too stiff and couldn't transfer weight properly.

Edited by someone82