Toughest carb leak on here! banghead

Okay guys, heres the deal...I've searched the heck out of bansheehq and have not found my problem yet. I also have used every banshee rider, family member, atv mechanic I know and everyone is lost. My problem is that my carbs, yes both, leak when I'm on the throttle. It doesn't seem to happen at idle that I can see, but give the bike a little throttle and both carbs start spitting fuel out the drain tube on the bottom of the bowl. The fuel is not coming out the side hoses, just that copper drain on the bottom of the carb. I have done the following to try to fix the problem: 2 new sets of needle and seats, and 2 new sets of the drain screws. I am now certainly positive that it is neither one of those items causing my problem. I have checked and double checked my floats to stock specs, then adjusted them to shut off my needle and seat sooner in an attempt to stop the leaking. This also did not work. As another side note, the fuel seems to slowly bubble or spit at little throttle and increases to a quite steady flow when on the throttle hard. Please give me what you've got guys, I'll take anything as I've got a family ride coming up in 2 weeks that the wife and kids are really looking forward to. banghead

Thanks in advance, Jon.

leaking reeds letting pressure flow backwards into carbs at higher RPM's? :shrugani: (That ones a guess) My PWK's did this to me. I bought new fuel needles...still leaked. So we re-cut the shape of the fuel seat in the carb and now they are fine.

I agree with the reeds theory. You may have one petal that isnt closing, it may even be broken. The balance tube will cause both carbs to overflow even if it's just the reeds in one cylinder.

Could be anything I guess, but the reeds are easy enough to check.

the reed theory is a good theory, but every bike would do it then, since even brand new reeds send a pulse back, which should partially be transfered to the other side on it's intake cycle, via the crossover. i'm assuming you are running stock carbs? give them a thourough oriface cleaning, including the airjet, needle jet, vent tubes, and make sure the slide vents are not blocked, such as installed wrong, or retainers sealing the holes off. and, one biggie- the air filter(s) make sure the filters are not dirty or over-oiled. are the overfow tubes bent in the bowls? is the drain hoses routed stock? are the carbs sagging from worn intakes? the float springs are there to prevent this from happenening, so something is causing it to pull the level up too far,

Thanks for all your help guys, I went out and tried all of your ideas this weekend to no avail. I decided randomly to pull off my float bowl and connect a hose to the drain and blow through while under water, and that showed it all...aparently at some point in the past, the screws had been screwed in with sand on them which etched the sealing surface. That would be the reason the new screws didnt help. So thanks guys, always nice to know people who know what they are doing are so close!