Carb Slides, Flat, Round, and D. What is the difference?

I have looked for a while and cant find all the answers.

Given that the carbs are the same mm on the same bike. What is the difference in each of the slides? What affect is imposed by the shape? do each make power at a different range in the pb? More snappy than the next? fuel usage? more tuneable?

Please discuss and THANK YOU!!

Round is a circle ,flat is more oval, and D is shaped like the letter D

Ok ass hat if your just here to improve your post count fuck off. This is a thread for people with some knowlage on the subject to share a little insight with the rest of us.

Based on your responce I would be willing to bet you know an amazing amount about nothing.

Ok ass hat

What the fuck is your problem Tex? Aren't you the same mofucka that when you found yourself on the loosing end of an argument you insulted Daj,s (Davids)family? Then you disappeared for months because you were looking stupid, and the hq started clownin your ass.

Hold up ,I thought you were an engineer with all the answers.

And your one of the same FAGS that complained about tits on the H.Q. Then you disappeared again because you were looking stupid. Your real quick to insult somebody. What are you going to tell me next, that me and my family will be working for you one day . LOL Your a fucking clown TEX.

I was giving an honest answer.

What the fuck is your problem Tex? Aren't you the same mofucka that when you found yourself on the loosing end of an argument you insulted Daj,s (Davids)family? Then you disappeared for months because you were looking stupid, and the hq started clownin your ass.

Hold up ,I thought you were an engineer with all the answers.

And your one of the same FAGS that complained about tits on the H.Q. Then you disappeared again because you were looking stupid. Your real quick to insult somebody. What are you going to tell me next, that me and my family will be working for you one day . LOL Your a fucking clown TEX.

I was giving an honest answer.

LOL YEA I HAVE STARTED SOME SHIT HERE AND THERE. ITS FUN TO STIR THE POT AND WATCH YOU GUYS GET A BENT OUTA SHAPE. LOL You asking for a job?

Dude your answers is garbage, my fuckin 4 yo can see that the slideds are , flat, round or D shaped. Thats so far from the question asked its unreal. The question was raised about power delivery, not fucking slide shape. Again if your gona try and bust my balls, your gona have to try harder. If you have no information on the questions asked, stop improving your post count here, and work on it elswhere.

I can see your answer was honest, but its apparent you honestly dont know shit.

Anyone got any real info on slide types?

I'm curious myself.

I did a search in the Jetting forum and found that , a flat slide pulls alot more fuel through the main circuit.

The reason is because of the short distance air has to travel across the flat slide, compared to the thicker round slide.

Which producers alot more draw.

Thank you Fireroad Express for posting this info.

I did a search in the Jetting forum and found that , a flat slide pulls alot more fuel through the main circuit.

The reason is because of the short distance air has to travel across the flat slide, compared to the thicker round slide.

Thanks brugal.

So are flat slides "better" than round or D slides? It seems like jetting would be different with flat than D or round because of that.

it's funny you should mention that....slide design does change the jetting a little, since the venturi changes. on a round, the cutout makes a difference in how the ventury acts at different positions. for instance, a 1.5-2.0 is usually used with good results. the 1.5 will have more velocity and pull closer to idle, and the 2.0 will have a stronger effect continuing to a higher position. inversely, this is pretty much below 1/2 throttle position, and above that, it becomes more of a restriction, especially with a steeper cutout. we mostly tune that performance via needle taper, then some go to the air jet and needle jet for finer tuning of atomization, which will help more with rich needs more than lean tuned needs. for the most part, cutout is totally ovelooked, since a guy tuning at that level will likely move to a flat, d, or oval slide carb. flat slides throw the main in the point of highest draw, just as the flow path starts to expand, and pretty much keeps that same effect through all positions, gradually lesening near wot, but the whole carb bore generates the effect anyways. d and oval slides probably flow the best/smoothest in the mid, while still generating a strong venturi pull. why these venturi differences matter ove tuning the mixture via needles and jets, is because it is tuning the atomization, instead of just controlling the flow of fuel.

i'd look at it like this...

1970's round slide

1980's flat slide

modern d slide/ short body flat slide..

sooooo hmm?

a 44mm round slide carb makes about the same power as a 38mm flat/ d slide.. the d/ flat slide carbs wil usually have better response. BUT the cheesy round slides i see from snomo's on super budget builds cause cheap ass'es get them off ebay for about 45.00.. for the pair..

as most know i prefer the lectons.. gas and alky.