DRAG SUSENSION ?'S

SLOPOKE21

OK SO I GOT A 4MIL CUB WITH DRAG PORT, 17CC DOMES, BOYSEN REEDS, 39 PWK'S ON ALKY, 2-5 OVERRIDE. I WILL BE PUTTING A +12 WITH SOME 12 PADDLES AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT LENGTH STRUTS I WILL NEED AND WHAT KIND OF DIFFERENCE DOES THE LENGTH MAKE? ALSO ANY INPUT YOU GUYS GOT ON SOME MARVIN'S WOULD BE HELPFUL AS WELL. THE ONLY THING I HAVE DONE TO THE BIKE SO FAR IS ENGINE WORK AND NOW I NEED TO START LOOKING INTO THE SUSPENSION. I KNOW I SHOULD'VE THOUGHT ABOUT THE SUSPENSION BEFORE BUT I JUST WANTED TO GO FAST AS THIS IS MY FIRST BANSHEE SO I JUST GOT A LITTLE CARRIED AWAY WITH ENGINE WORK I THINK.

you should pull the rear shock off, let the bike down till the swingarm is level .... then measure from bolt hole to bolt hole.... then you will know how long of strut..

is it a link (stock style) or no link swingarm set up ? i think my strut for my shee is about 13' .. and is adjustable.

unless you are riding on a groomed track .... i 'd run shaws. struts are for asphalt and groomed track. and i 'd run a strut in the rear.. but keep some shocks in the front.

look for some 400 ex front shocks. u want your a-arms flat across ,and swingarm level

well i weigh about 225. i probably wont be on a groomed track to often but just wanted to have the struts just in case. the swinger is a non-linkage type, and i will be running some 22" 12 paddles with a 71-72 RO on an 8x8 wheel. whats the deal with the 400ex shocks and will that get my a-arms where they need to be, or will there be some other modifications i need to do to the front end?

best thing to do is Take off all the shocks then get 2 jacks.. put one under the front.. and one under the rear... adjust the jacks so the bike sits the way you want it.. Then measure the distance on the mounts. This way you know what distance you want for the stance your looking for..