MIKUNI 28mm TM CARBS?

I'm looking at getting a set of Mikuni 28mm TM flatslide carbs for my bike and was wondering if they will work with the stock intake and air box boots? The diameter of the carb body on the intake side is 33mm, and is 44mm on the air box side. What are your general impressions of these carbs on the banshee overall?

Thanks, Craig

I know they work with the intake boots, I dont know about the airbox boots.

I run them, and I am pretty happy with them. When you get them, they have to be setup for a banshee with the right needle/seat, slide cutout, nozzles, main jets, pilot jets, and needles.

The 28 mm carbs will work just fine with the stock intake and airbox boots. The intake side flange OD is a tad smaller than on the stock carbs so I woould suggest you have a little sleeve made at a machine shop to press on. This isn't necessary but you may find your self replacing intake boots more frequently since you will need overtighten the clamp to securely fasten the carbs.

For set up, I have only had to change the pilot and main jets. These carbs seem to be very sensitive in the pilot circuit so you will need to experiment with your air screw to determine the appropriate amount of turns.

I have these carbs on both quads and I am very happy with them. They add low end and there are no fit issues if you plan on using your airbox.

Chris

The 28 mm carbs will work just fine with the stock intake and airbox boots. The intake side flange OD is a tad smaller than on the stock carbs so I woould suggest you have a little sleeve made at a machine shop to press on. This isn't necessary but you may find your self replacing intake boots more frequently since you will need overtighten the clamp to securely fasten the carbs.

For set up, I have only had to change the pilot and main jets. These carbs seem to be very sensitive in the pilot circuit so you will need to experiment with your air screw to determine the appropriate amount of turns.

I have these carbs on both quads and I am very happy with them. They add low end and there are no fit issues if you plan on using your airbox.

Chris

I had the same thinking on the sleeve, but there is only like a 1.5mm difference in diameter in the OD of the intake flanges between the stock carbs and the TM's. If you did make a sleeve would you even be able to get it on without wrecking it cause it would be so thin? My bike is ported, bored .090 over, 21cc domes, fattys, and open air box, I don't know what set up you guys are running but im curious if the slides and nozzles etc... would need to be switched to work with my engine like Snop suggested...

Thanks

Edited by OZ_872