Jetting for a stock machine with Pro Circuit silencers

BMP

It's fueling great right now with 200 mains, 25 pilots, 1.5 turns out on the air screws and the needle clips one up from the middle. Adding Pro Circuit 304 silencers only, would 220's be a good starting point? Should I order some larger pilots?

Thanks in advance!

Brad

just curious as to why youre only putting new silencers on it? the gains will be minimal if at all. you should really opt for a whole system.

It's my daughters quad and she doesn't need any more power right now. Just looking for better sound.

I spoke to a tech at PC and he said no jetting change was required, but a couple guys in the shoutbox said to rejet. I like to be close or a little on the rich side of things when I make changes to anything.

So loco, no performance gain, no jetting change.

Brad

ah i see. you say youre running 200 mains in it? that seems pretty lean considering stock bikes come with 210 dont they? (its been a while since ive even seen a stock carb)

your jetting is spot on with the 200 main and 25 pilot? have you done a wide open throttle plug check?

without having a complete exhaust you wont need to bump the pilot at all. i would focus on the main at this point in time to make sure its good.

yah, stock is supposed to come with 210, in most cases, but allot of times the 200'sa went in, which is supposed to be anything over 60something degrees sea level. freezing temps needed 220 or 240, depepnding....... so, i take it that you are going to buy some pro-circuits, when the time is right? if you are gonna throw something on there eventually, then i would start with silencers for that. for sound- the toomeys are preyy nice on any pipe, and slip right on the stock mids.