Passion 12 port stroker

4stroker

Hey guys my mate David has just got his Passion stroker motor going, and since he doesn't get on the net much he wanted me to get on here and tell you all how good it is. Here is what he had to say:

" I cannot say a better word about Jim Smart at Passion Racing Engines, he has built me one hell of a motor, and is a nice guy as well. It all started about 6 weeks ago when I ran my '09 banshee out of fuel and nipped it up. I already have an '06 with a light port job, pipes, head and timing plate... so I decided to turn my '09 into a weapon, with a 4mm crank and a proper port job. I talked to Jim and he asked me my weight, riding style, and I told him what pipes (DMC Alien) and fuel (98 RON pump) I wanted to run.

Inside of 6 weeks I had sent Jim the cylinders, and he ported them, painted them, and sent them back along with all the parts I needed to complete the build (crank, carbs, manifold, domes, pingle, clutch, gaskets etc...) I am in Australia so that is an awesome turn-around time. I spoke many times with Jim on the phone and he helped us get the jetting spot on.

I now have over 4 hours on the engine and it is an absolute ball-tearer! The throttle response is great, makes awesome power through-out the rev range and has an evil top end. All this and only crappy 98 RON pump fuel.. we are only running 21cc domes and +4 timing... I cant wait to try some decent fuel and more timing and compression down the track!"

So there ya go. I have ridden this thing and it is almost too fast for around David's cane farm where he does alot of riding. Take it down the beach though and it is unreal. We went down on the weekend and there wasn't a quad that could touch it in a drag race, and it also ran neck and neck with a built YZ450F two-wheeler. The same two-wheeler was beating a well tuned stockish CR500AF later in the day...

This is now the third motor that us North Queenslander's have gotten Jim to build, and we wouldn't get anyone else to do our work. Jim has always looked after us and spent many hours on the phone at all hours of the night talking to us and helping us understand and tune the engines.

You cannot go wrong sending your cylinders to Passion Racing Engines.

Give him a call on (918) 272-5665 or (918) 232-3950. Around 7pm his time is the best time to get him.

Thanks, Mark

This is now the third motor that us North Queenslander's have gotten Jim to build, and we wouldn't get anyone else to do our work. Jim has always looked after us and spent many hours on the phone at all hours of the night talking to us and helping us understand and tune the engines.

Jim has a good rep in South Africa also.

Just curious, you guys have TheTwoStrokeShop in Cairns, right on your doorstep, ever dealt with Wayne Wright?