reed cage gaskets

allright man,,,,replaced my clutch cable today. took my left side carb off (keihin 28's) to make a little room for me. so since i got the carb off i pull the reed cage to inspect my reeds. this is the first time i pulled the cages on this particular bike in question. i hear alot of ppl using rtv and other gas friendly gasket sealant stuff,,,,i've never used it,,,just replace gakets on very clean surfaces and never a leak in the past on my reed cages. so i been readin about alot u guys doing this,,,, the only thing i had time left to do was the soapy water thing...no visible leak. so whats everyones opinion on this one? seal it or not to seal it?

X2

ya,,thats the way i been doin it for 22 years,,,had this dude at work tellin me i better seal that shit,,,,,,so i did a search on here and found some ppl do seal them. i've never had an issue,,,,well he can do whatever he wants i guess. i go with tried and proven,,,just wanted some opinions is all,,,,,,,