stripped head stud?

VictorK

I was looking my bike over because the other day it wasnt running right and its not hitting powerband strong.Ive cleaned the carbs/filter and gone over all connections in the wiring harness.I noticed one of the middle head studs let lose,can this cause the bike to sputter instead of hit powerband strong? no I didnt do a compression test as of yet.

Is it for sure stripped?

I would pull the head quick and make sure its not. If it is, then i would heli-coil it and get a new stud.

You don't want coolant leaking in.

The threads inside are stripped not the actual stud could that cause the powerband to break up?

Is it for sure stripped?

I would pull the head quick and make sure its not. If it is, then i would heli-coil it and get a new stud.

You don't want coolant leaking in.

Tomorrow Ill pull the head and left cylinder and have the stud hole helicoiled and hopefully its the reason its breaking up,the side with the stripped hole didn't heat the pipe up nearly as fast and sounded different also

You can tell if you're leaking coolant into the cylinders by checking your coolant level and seeing if it has been dropping a little. Also if your exhaust is spewing out white smoke that smells sweet that's another indicator. But the best thing to do is pull the head off and take a peek for yourself and get that stud fixed ASAP.

I had the stud fixed yesterday I need to stop by my friends to get a head gasket then its back together.I'm pretty sure the coolant was leaking in the left if not both cylinders