spindle reaming

gapanic

Does anyone know what size reamer to use on the spindles when upgrading to aftermarket a arms ?

95% of after market arms you don't need to ream the spindles. Only ones i can think of off the top of my head that will need reaming are the Burgard arms.

95% of after market arms you don't need to ream the spindles. Only ones i can think of off the top of my head that will need reaming are the Burgard arms.

I think they are armodilla arms. When I tried to put them on the ball joint wouldn't fit through the spindle hole.

I think they are armodilla arms. When I tried to put them on the ball joint wouldn't fit through the spindle hole.

I know 2 guys that run those arms. You don't need to ream at all. Just stick the ball joint in the spindle and ether use a rubber mallet and smack it down into place then put pressure (push hard on top) on the ball joint to get the nut tight and the ball joint to not spin.. Or put them in the hole and tighten the nut on finger tight, then hit it quick with an impact while putting pressure on the ball joint. It will go in nice like this. :cheers:

I know 2 guys that run those arms. You don't need to ream at all. Just stick the ball joint in the spindle and ether use a rubber mallet and smack it down into place then put pressure (push hard on top) on the ball joint to get the nut tight and the ball joint to not spin.. Or put them in the hole and tighten the nut on finger tight, then hit it quick with an impact while putting pressure on the ball joint. It will go in nice like this. :cheers:

Ok i'll try that. Thanks savage

If for some reason you still need to ream the spindles, the reamer is a 2" over 1' taper for Honda joints. Click on the link for my little write up with some pictures... Evan

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=127498&st=0&p=1101731entry1101731

Where did you get your reamer? I still think it needs. to be bigger because the threads won't fit through the spindle hole

• 1 month later...

If you haven't ruined your spindles yet, don't do it!

Ricky Stator makes replacement ball joints that fit the stock spindles. You will need to bore and tap out the arms, but that is better than ruining the spindles.

Besides those VW ball joints just bend easy anyway.

Or, sell those arms and get some that are made right and not cobbled! LoL

Besides those VW ball joints just bend easy anyway.

yep! and snap!

my buddies balljoint on his burgards snapped in some whoops..the threaded part that goes into the arms isnt very thick at all, but the scary party was the inside of the metal after it snapped and u could see the center of the inside, im no metals expert but where it snapped there looked to be air pockets or bubbles inside the metal(dont know how else to describe it) , it wasnt solid, very cheap and scary looking on the inside where it broke open. and of course, now his spindles are reamed, and thats all he can run, unless he buys new spindles, brilliant, right :rotflmao: