Trinity Pipes

The whole point of this was that sloryder said trinity pipes are like pro circuits. They're not, they are a mid-top pipe. Pro circuits are a low-mid pipe. So the graph was to show how a trinity stacked up to a so called real "low-mid" pipe like the dynoport. There is a huge difference in acceleration times which in real riding conditions translates to alot of bog, then high rpm's all at once. A low-mid accelrates at the wick off the throttle and has minimal bog.

My next point was that there are better mid-top pipes out there, like cpi's for instance. They make much more power, and accelerate alot harder than trinity pipes in my experiences between the two. Thats based on dyno testing, and riding bikes with the two different pipes on them. Alot of guys say things like " I have trinity pipes, and I love them". Well my answer to that is well have you ever ran cpi pipes, or shearer pipes? Cause if you did, you may just change your mind about that.

The two different setups in the dyno chart was the dynoport on my motor with the 2 into 1 intake. Then the trinity on my motor with the twin 28mm mikunis. You have to run the different pipes because one pipe is a low-mid, and the other was a mid-top. The two different carb setups don't benefit the motor from the opposing pipe setups.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole reason I got into this is because you say the Trinity pipe is crappy. I beg to differ.

To me the dynoport graph you posted is in no way related to a pro circuit graph. The pro circuit would have revved far beyond the dynoport, maybe not quite as much as the trinity, but it'd be a lot closer than the scenario you projected.

Edited by SLORYDER

Pro circuits on my motor rev to about the same rpm as a dynoport did. 8,750rpm.

Top one is dynoport (with single 35mm pwk), bottom is pro circuits(the pro circuit run was even done wuth twin carbs). These runs were on two different dyno's, but rpm is not a varying factory from dyno to dyno.

2into1piperun13.jpg

dynomachup4.jpg

Pro circuits on my motor rev to about the same rpm as a dynoport did. 8,750rpm.

Top one is dynoport (with single 35mm pwk), bottom is pro circuits(the pro circuit run was even done wuth twin carbs). These runs were on two different dyno's, but rpm is not a varying factory from dyno to dyno.

2into1piperun13.jpg

dynomachup4.jpg

Mods to said banshee?

And the one with trinity pipes?

Mods to said banshee?

Snop, the similarities I spoke of between the pro circuit and the trinity pipes refers to their broad power range. The trinity might come on a little later, but I believe they are both excellent all around pipes.

IMO neither is in the same league as the dynopoop pipe.

2222222222.jpg

1111111111.jpg

Mods to said banshee?

It is my banshee, its all set up for low-mid power. Like I said, we ran both pipes on it. There is no such thing as a good all around pipe. I clipped this description off another post I found in the search for when someone asked me what was done to my bike. Only difference is when I rant the dynoport pipe, I had a single 35mm pwk on it.

-Dynoport ported stock cylinders 188 degree exhaust duration

-Pro Design Coolhead with 18cc domes (185psi comp)

-Dyna Ignition with custom programmed curve

-Stock reed cages with carbon tech mid tension reeds

-Dual 28mm Mikuni TM flatslide carbs with K&N Pods

-Shaved flywheel

-Cascade Clutch kit with the roller bearing ball end adjuster

-Dyna coil with NGK Plug Caps

-Stock Crank

-Wiseco Pistons (stock bore), squish setup at .043"

-Pro Circuit pipes with the standard silencers (ceramic coated)

-BR8ES spark Plugs

-110 octane sunoco with castor 927 at 40:1

-Stock intakes and stock boost bottle

-22x11x8 super light 10 paddle haulers on .125" thick douglas rims.

-13/46 gearing

-Cascade billet shifter

-front dual rib steer tires

-home made double footpegs

-swingarm (+6)

-stock axle, stock hubs, stock a-arms. Need to keep it skinny to fit between the trees.

I dont know what to tell you about the charts you have, except I know they are not your charts. The charts I have are mine and I was there when the motor made them on the dyno. So far I have backed up everything I have said. I wish I could say the same for you.

<_<

Meh.

The more duration you give a pipe, the higher it will peak.To an extent.

Like I said on the first page, you can't judge a pipe unless you have done many more tests than either of us have.

IMO the pro circuits and the Trinity pipes would both be desirable in a drag scenario. The Trinity with the edge.

I will agree with you that the pro circuit is a low-mid, but then again it iis hard to quantify a pipes power characteristics without knowing all of the factors involved like tuned length, diffuser and baffle cone angles, and others...With the exception of drag pipes (cpi, shear, rockets, rdz ect.), I would not hesitate to call the pro circuit a mid-top due to the willingness to overrev.

All of this aside, i disagree with your statement about the Trinity piped bike losing in a drag race all other factors being the same.

(Forrest Gump voice) And that's all I have to say about that.

Edited by SLORYDER

IMO the pro circuits and the Trinity pipes would both be desirable in a drag scenario. The Trinity with the edge.

I will agree with you that the pro circuit is a low-mid

Thats a very incriminating statement. No one in their right mind who was building a drag motor would put a low-mid pipe on it. This pretty much justified to me that you dont know what the hell your talking about.

Thats a very incriminating statement. No one in their right mind who was building a drag motor would put a low-mid pipe on it. This pretty much justified to me that you dont know what the hell your talking about.

Prooooozac anyone?

There you go with your low mid, mid lo hi low jargen.

Most people considering trinity pipes have other pipes in mind.

paul turner

pro circuit

toomey

fmf

lrd

A NON DRAG PIPE

Out of the pipes i just stated, I think the trinity or the pro circuit would be a good pipe for all around riding and would do good against the likes of non drag piped engines.

You just got finished saying how the trinity pipe has a narrow powerband but it actually has one of the broadest spreads of power out there. 4x broader than your dynofart trail pipe. Seems like you're the one that's dazed and confused bub

Edited by SLORYDER

I dont like dynoport pipes, I dont know why you think I do. I just dyno tested the pipe when I was running it. The trinity pipes from every application I have seen were all top end pipes with very narrow power windows. So again, There are better mid-top pipes out there than the trinity. The charts proved it had a slower acceleration time compared to the dynoport pipe, and the pro circuits dwarf both of them for power output. Pro circuits are low-mid pipes. Trinity is mid-top. Its THAT SIMPLE!

You haven't proved anything in here except for being an internet dyno sheet warrior.

I dont like dynoport pipes, I dont know why you think I do. I just dyno tested the pipe when I was running it. The trinity pipes from every application I have seen were all top end pipes with very narrow power windows. So again, There are better mid-top pipes out there than the trinity. The charts proved it had a slower acceleration time compared to the dynoport pipe, and the pro circuits dwarf both of them for power output. Pro circuits are low-mid pipes. Trinity is mid-top. Its THAT SIMPLE!

You haven't proved anything in here except for being an internet dyno sheet warrior.

Dude the trinities have an awesome power spread. That would make them very desirable unless some was looking to build a drag engine.

There is all this hype about the t5 but I think the trinity is better for that type of riding

And unlike you I have nothing to prove

Edited by SLORYDER

why don't you just get some pc's, put a tach on your bike and see what they really feel like on the ass dyno........being able to overrev them pretty far is a bonus in some situations where you can't shift, but that is just an extension, letting the engine run out unchoked, not actually part of the pipes power....basically "in the pipe" then back "out".......whaen it comes down to what "kind" of pipe PRO-CITRCUIT pipes are, well, i didn't think it was that hard to figure out, if noone told ya. they are for professional circuit MX racing if you study on real mx porting, you can see that the emphasis is in the midrange, starting a little low, but really putting through some flow in that range. now, if you study the pipes, you can really see this in them....they actually do loose a bit of lowend on an unported motor, and "come on" later than they should. once, again, overrev in this kind of build is a plus, but no where near the focus. i remember the first time i bolted them on, going from a mid-top pipe that pulled you off the bike on stock porting, to the pro-circuits on pretty stock everything. it was truley amazing how much low-mid torque became availiable whenever you need it, and i put the power through many scinarios, and keep buildin. i had my wifey ride bitch, then hit the woods, and it pulled really hard from the bottom right up some nasty climbs. i also took it out in the open on an old mining road up the mountain with huge switchbacks racing high speed......let me tell you that the overrev was nice to keep it sideways for a really long time without shifting, but way past where the power is....well this is just the tip of what it feels like, and i'm ramblin, but you get the idea....

why don't you just get some pc's, put a tach on your bike and see what they really feel like on the ass dyno........being able to overrev them pretty far is a bonus in some situations where you can't shift, but that is just an extension, letting the engine run out unchoked, not actually part of the pipes power....basically "in the pipe" then back "out".......whaen it comes down to what "kind" of pipe PRO-CITRCUIT pipes are, well, i didn't think it was that hard to figure out, if noone told ya. they are for professional circuit MX racing if you study on real mx porting, you can see that the emphasis is in the midrange, starting a little low, but really putting through some flow in that range. now, if you study the pipes, you can really see this in them....they actually do loose a bit of lowend on an unported motor, and "come on" later than they should. once, again, overrev in this kind of build is a plus, but no where near the focus. i remember the first time i bolted them on, going from a mid-top pipe that pulled you off the bike on stock porting, to the pro-circuits on pretty stock everything. it was truley amazing how much low-mid torque became availiable whenever you need it, and i put the power through many scinarios, and keep buildin. i had my wifey ride bitch, then hit the woods, and it pulled really hard from the bottom right up some nasty climbs. i also took it out in the open on an old mining road up the mountain with huge switchbacks racing high speed......let me tell you that the overrev was nice to keep it sideways for a really long time without shifting, but way past where the power is....well this is just the tip of what it feels like, and i'm ramblin, but you get the idea....

No fool read my post # 29. Pertaining to the trinity power range

AK Heathen:

If the engine is not accelerating, how will the time based grap post a horsepower number?

The graph shows the engine PUTTING DOWN an average of 42ish horsepower for over 2 seconds.

Now, if the engine was not accelerating-that is if it were at 8000 rpm say for 1 second, then the graph would drop off and would show zero hp.

What you read on that graph is the amount of hp(acceleration) at any particular moment.

Where the graph drops off, then goes up again, is where the acceleration slows, but is still accelerating. Like I said a lack of acceleration would be a vertical line.

If it were at 8000 rpm for one second there would be no horsepower shown.

If bike (a) puts an average of 30 hp to the ground, from now until 5 seconds from now, and bike (B) puts down 40 horsepower in the same time period, bike (B) will have covered a lot more ground, gearing being the same;

horsepower = acceleration.

ok, ok, i'll answer. basically what i'm sayin is that we don't know how the dyno is loading the engine down, and how much difference that makes at different rpms......for example, a torque converter will put more load through at higher rpms, than lower, meaning that lower rpm's will be able to climb faster with less power than higher rpm's......so showing a 1 second peak at 7-8k might look different than it pullung 3 seconds from 8500-9500.....not that that's what exactly hppened, but it can vary a bit, if you think about it.....that's why i like rpm graphs showing tq......i can get a better feel of what it would do in the feild...

as for the trinity power range....it's still significantly higher and more coneiled than the pro-circuits....what it would feel like is coming on like a light switch at a mid-high rpm, then pull flat for a little, and fall right off like a switch. the t-5's can be tuned that way, but can also be made to come on smooth and in the mid, which is more real-life freindly......aside frfrom having more efficiencey. that is another thing that appears to be kinda low on the trinity