extended swingarm question?

Good morning all,

Just considering an extended swingarm. Can anyone school me on the benefits of this option. No dunes around here so most of my time is just general riding conditions ( trails & jumps)

Thanks

A longer swingarm transfers a greater percentage of the total weight of the bike to the front wheels. This results in 2 things that are intertwined- it is harder to lift the front tires AND it is easier to spin the back tires. This makes it easier to climb hills because the front end is not trying to flip over. The other thing it does is increase your wheelbase, which results in a larger turning radius. This make it harder to turn the bike in tight situations. I personally run a +4 on mine and my wife's bike. I had a buddy that had a +6 and I hated it because I could not get the front end up over obstacles when I needed to. You have to evaluate what you need because every situation is different.

A longer swingarm transfers a greater percentage of the total weight of the bike to the front wheels. This results in 2 things that are intertwined- it is harder to lift the front tires AND it is easier to spin the back tires. This makes it easier to climb hills because the front end is not trying to flip over. The other thing it does is increase your wheelbase, which results in a larger turning radius. This make it harder to turn the bike in tight situations. I personally run a +4 on mine and my wife's bike. I had a buddy that had a +6 and I hated it because I could not get the front end up over obstacles when I needed to. You have to evaluate what you need because every situation is different.

Great response to my question. Any other input guys?

Thanks

I run a +4 and love it. A lot of people say that the turning sucks, But thats just because they dont know how to ride with it. When it comes to climbing hills its the greatest thing since sliced bread. As far as shorter then stock swingers, unless your racing flat track, MX or something like that I think that they are a waste. Some people will say that in tight trails you need it, but in my opinion a Banshee wasnt really designed for them kinda trails. As soon as you start to get on the pipe you have to get right back off of it.

It really depends on the type of riding you do to consider what swingarm length would be the best for you. I only ride the dunes with my shee so i run a +6 with a 380cc 4mm.

I run a +4 and love it. A lot of people say that the turning sucks, But thats just because they dont know how to ride with it. When it comes to climbing hills its the greatest thing since sliced bread. As far as shorter then stock swingers, unless your racing flat track, MX or something like that I think that they are a waste. Some people will say that in tight trails you need it, but in my opinion a Banshee wasnt really designed for them kinda trails. As soon as you start to get on the pipe you have to get right back off of it.

not trying to fight.... but if your ever close to me, your more then welcome to ride take my bike for a spin.... shell change your mind after one ride