SANDFEST 2010

f00pda3w00p

• 2 weeks later...

I know most of the motor builders in oregon will be there including white knuckle, redline, direct drive ect..... Looks like there is no orgainized racing this year but most people race near campsite 107 and 108 at horsfall by the old bark road day use if anyone is up to some freindly compitition..

• 2 weeks later...

So who went and what did you think? I was there on Friday and Saturday and it definetely was not the same as Dunefest, which is both good and bad. The bad was that things did not seem very organized, there were long periods where nothing was going on on the dragstip, the guys did not seem to know how to fix the lights when they got ran over or bumped, etc. The racing that I watched last year seemed like it was better organized, but maybe part of the problem was that attendance seemed to be down this year also. I was not on the sand or at the stage after dark so I don't know how thos festivities were. The godd things about it were that evrything seemed less expensive and you did not have to buy a pass just to ride the dunes like at Dunefest. At Dunefest you have to buy their $30 pass just to put your bike on the sand, and if you have a few kids with you it adds up fast. Hell, at Sandfest you did not even have to pay to to watch the racing or anything else. I was talking with a vendor that sells a clothing line for sand and he told me that the cost for a vendors booth at Sandest was about 1/4 the money it was at Dunefest.

• 1 month later...

So who went and what did you think? I was there on Friday and Saturday and it definetely was not the same as Dunefest, which is both good and bad. The bad was that things did not seem very organized, there were long periods where nothing was going on on the dragstip, the guys did not seem to know how to fix the lights when they got ran over or bumped, etc. The racing that I watched last year seemed like it was better organized, but maybe part of the problem was that attendance seemed to be down this year also. I was not on the sand or at the stage after dark so I don't know how thos festivities were. The godd things about it were that evrything seemed less expensive and you did not have to buy a pass just to ride the dunes like at Dunefest. At Dunefest you have to buy their $30 pass just to put your bike on the sand, and if you have a few kids with you it adds up fast. Hell, at Sandfest you did not even have to pay to to watch the racing or anything else. I was talking with a vendor that sells a clothing line for sand and he told me that the cost for a vendors booth at Sandest was about 1/4 the money it was at Dunefest.

I hate to say it but Sandfest this year was not a success at all. A few people who have noticed how unorganized and poorly planned this event was this year have stepped in and gotten involved to try and make it a better succes for next year. For those of you who plan on it to be like Dunefest need to calm there horses as that will not happen anytime soon. However a event that is very similiar with a quater of the people that can be a blast is more promising for next year. I came down this year to race and didn't due to how unsafe it was with little to no shut down plus there was no agenda on what started when. The couple of ATV/Dune enthusuiasts that have steppend in to help out for next year should make it a lot better then the past years. One good thing is that it has been a free event so a special thanks goes out to all those who have donated money, time and supplies/tools to make this event happen. As for everyone else, I Look forward to next year and it should be better then ever!

I'll be there for Sandfest 2011....got a kabin reserved at the KOA campgrounds for 1-5 July. Unfortunately I no longer ride a shee. I got a hold of some Jeffroids and scraed the $hiat out of me so I now ride a 4 poker. Might do a build though just for the event.

Edited by grpark20