Banshee vs Outlander 800R

Whyzedtwofiveoh

Well yesterday i drag raced an outlander 800R about 1000FT. My bike is a 1990 banshee, stock pipes, mild porting, milled head and a matched case.Also K&N filter. Im running 23 inch ITP mud lites in the rear and some 23 inch good year raidials in the front. I run 14/42 gearing. The outlander has 28 inch tires but otherwise is stock. We where dragging on an old logging road and it was really dry out. We lined up for the first time and he got me off launch and i blew my shift into second and lost. We then raced again and took him off launch and never saw him. Was about 2-3 bike lengths ahead and only got into 5th gear. We lined up again and he took me off the launch for the first 10 feet and then i pulled ahead. I raced a 2005 Banshee right after that, with paul turner mid range pipes and 22 inch tires but other wise stock also, and was neck and neck right up until we ran out of room. Once i get pipes im hoping i can walk all over him.

Well yesterday i drag raced an outlander 800R about 1000FT. My bike is a 1990 banshee, stock pipes, mild porting, milled head and a matched case.Also K&N filter. Im running 23 inch ITP mud lites in the rear and some 23 inch good year raidials in the front. I run 14/42 gearing. The outlander has 28 inch tires but otherwise is stock. We where dragging on an old logging road and it was really dry out. We lined up for the first time and he got me off launch and i blew my shift into second and lost. We then raced again and took him off launch and never saw him. Was about 2-3 bike lengths ahead and only got into 5th gear. We lined up again and he took me off the launch for the first 10 feet and then i pulled ahead. I raced a 2005 Banshee right after that, with paul turner mid range pipes and 22 inch tires but other wise stock also, and was neck and neck right up until we ran out of room. Once i get pipes im hoping i can walk all over him.

Stock pipes holding you back. Advance your timing +4 and rejet after you get your pipes. Then ask them for a rematch.

I have a Renegade 800 and a Banshee. Its close but my Renegade only has 26" tires. I think the 28" tires are slowing him down a bit. The Gade is decievingly quick and fast. With serious mods to the Renegade you are in serious trouble. =) Love my Banshee though. Completely differant kind of ride.

Hard to believe you are able to take care of a Banshee with pipes. Must be some really good porting.

Brad

I have a Renegade 800 and a Banshee. Its close but my Renegade only has 26" tires. I think the 28" tires are slowing him down a bit. The Gade is decievingly quick and fast. With serious mods to the Renegade you are in serious trouble. =) Love my Banshee though. Completely differant kind of ride.

Hard to believe you are able to take care of a Banshee with pipes. Must be some really good porting.

Brad

Well, i think it is mostly because my tires are about 75% good and his were bald lol. Even with bald tires he was still neck and neck with me on the launch. He was also running a 16 tooth front gear with 22 inch tires.