Unknown Mods?!?!?!

Ok, about a year ago my brother passed away, and I was given a project banshee that he was in the middle of building. Only one problem, I dont know what he did to it and cannot find any paperwork or reciepts to help me out. I know the motor was built out of state but I do not know who did it. He was wanting make a stirctly drag banshee but lacked suspension upgrades. I am wanting to place the motor into an a-arm frame and use the quad as a performance dune banshee, sell the drag pipes that are on it now and run some inframe pipes, but I dont want to blow the motor by not knowing what fuel to run and all the info on it. Is that ANY way to get an idea of what was done to this motor by posting pictures for yall to look at or does it pretty much have to be broke down? Any help you can supply me with is greatly appreciaited. Thanks for you time.

DB

Ok, about a year ago my brother passed away, and I was given a project banshee that he was in the middle of building. Only one problem, I dont know what he did to it and cannot find any paperwork or reciepts to help me out. I know the motor was built out of state but I do not know who did it. He was wanting make a stirctly drag banshee but lacked suspension upgrades. I am wanting to place the motor into an a-arm frame and use the quad as a performance dune banshee, sell the drag pipes that are on it now and run some inframe pipes, but I dont want to blow the motor by not knowing what fuel to run and all the info on it. Is that ANY way to get an idea of what was done to this motor by posting pictures for yall to look at or does it pretty much have to be broke down? Any help you can supply me with is greatly appreciaited. Thanks for you time.

DB

Sorry to hear about your bro dude!

If you post some pics in photobucket and let everyone take a look at it, the maybe some of the boys will recognize it and be able to help you out, even some close ups for the obvious stuff to be identified. To be sure though, you gotta open her up!

Welcome to the site! This is the place to ask!

DB

sorry to hear about your brother. your gonna have to atleast do a compression test and see what ya come up with, pics will help to a certain extent but we gotta know your compression to give ya a good answer i go by this, 150psi or less i run 93 octane, over 150 i run 100 octane or 110 if its around. do a litte research on your motor and let us know how ya make out :cheers: